harvest photos

kybowhunter88

6 pointer
Feb 1, 2008
Am I the only person who doesn't like the pictures where the deer's head looks like it is stuck right up in front of the camera? I honestly don't like the way it looks when someone is sitting way behind their deer and stretching their arms as far as they can get them to hold the head up. I know this is done to make the deer look bigger, but am I the only person that thinks it looks worse? I like to see the whole person sitting naturally behind their deer where you can really get an idea of the deer's size relative to the person's size. I always immediatly think that a deer is not as big as someone is trying to make it look when they sit way behind it and zoom all the way in on it. The same goes for fish pictures. This is just my honest opinion and I'm wondering what everyone else thinks.

racsr

10 pointer
May 7, 2009
morgan county ky
I don't care how the pictures are set up as long as people keep posting pic"s. Than I get to see more of the great deer we have here in Kentucky.

wkyoutdoorsman

10 pointer
Jan 13, 2009
Trying to slow down this train
I agree with you Bowhunter68.

I remember I guess it was my junior year of high school... One of my neighborhood friends that lives down the street from me had a shot a brute on the second Saturday of rifle season and he and his dad searched and searched and could not find this deer. The following Monday, my buddy went back out hunting and still down in the dumps about "missing" such a huge deer. Well, as he was walking through the grown up field on his way back to the truck to meet his dad, he practically stepped on the deer he thought he had missed 2 days prior. He brought it to the house for me to see and for my dad to take pictures. Now to describe how big this deer was, it made the cover of "Rack" magazine and I remember his dad telling how to position his deer to make it look "bigger"! This deer grossed over 190 and he his telling his son how to position this deer to make it look "bigger". Well, I was young then and didn't understand until I saw the pictures and it was amazing how much "bigger" the deer looked in the photos.

I've seen numerous photos like the above mentioned situation and it does get a little old to try to make a great deer look even bigger!

kybowhunter88

6 pointer
Feb 1, 2008
I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't care for those type of pictures. I also think that a wider angle picture makes a deer look bigger than a close up.

philipfleek

12 pointer
Feb 24, 2008
philville, KY
As long as guys are whacking bucks,does,fawns and posting pics I dont care. You take your pics the way you want and dont bother looking at the rest! ;)

Redlined

12 pointer
Sep 23, 2005
In The Tree Next To Ya
I'm gonna take a special pic of the next deer I harvest, I think I'll use a 20' piece of conduit to prop the deers head up and then kneel behind it. Yeah, I think twenty feet oughtta do it:cool:..........

kybowhunter88

6 pointer
Feb 1, 2008
Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I love to see everyone's pictures. If those are the kind of pictures you like thats perfectly fine. I was just wondering if I was the only one that preferred them the other way. I thoroughly enjoy getting on here every day to look at everyone's trail cam and harvest photos. I guess I should contribute some myself.

sa_hunt

Banned
Nov 3, 2008
Magoffin County
My deer are so small I prop them up with a stick and get about 20 yards behind them to make them look like a basket rack.....I also don't like the tongue out in a picture, looks awful like that.

Last edited: