Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by bgkyarcher, Nov 24, 2021 at 6:53 PM.

1. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Hoping everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving. Enjoy your time with family. God bless.

2. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Happy thanksgiving and be thankful we made it another year. Eat plenty turkey and take nap for dessert.

Carl, Feedman, mac0492 and 9 others like this.
  3. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone. Enjoy time with your family and friends

Carl, Gooser, xbokilla and 5 others like this.
  4. woodsman92

woodsman92 10 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    Happy thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy the time with your family, enjoy the meal, and give thanks to God for what you have.

Carl, Feedman, Gooser and 3 others like this.
  5. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Happy Thanksgiving all!!! Great bunch of folks here.

barney, Carl, Gooser and 4 others like this.
  6. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    Happy Thanksgiving. Pray for our country.

barney, Carl, Feedman and 5 others like this.
  7. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    I am exhausted yet still wound tight lol. Will be my last time hosting Thanksgiving. Getting everything ready interferes with deer season. 50 people to feed and entertain tomorrow. I will be out cold by 7:00 pm tomorrow evening.

I will give Christmas a try in 2022.

Nevertheless I am still delighted to host my family. I have wanted to do this for years but the ex-wife would never do it. A fair reason she is now ex-wife

8. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    Don’t do that. I used to have huge bbq’s and other gatherings. Never really got to spend time or talk with anyone who showed up. Got to where some would show up,eat and leave. Finally I said never again.

If you don’t have sweat equity (sorry that equity is currently being abused) in preparation or helping out,go eat at mcdonalds. Very tough and expensive to prepare family meals and we quit due to lack of help.

Carl, JR in KY, Feedman and 1 other person like this.
  9. Redlined

Redlined 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2005
    In The Tree Next To Ya
    My Pop died unexpectedly in March. I am lost without him. Mom is a trooper and don't know the meaning of the word quit. Not sure if its nervous energy or just not wanting to deal, but she won't hold still for a second. Talked to her tonight and told her she has a chair waiting for her, if she's hungry fine, if not, I understand. Told her not to wait too long, cuz the boat was getting hooked up and heading out about dark. Hope everyone finds time between rutting deer and waterfowl and fish or take the time to be thankful for the family you have and tell them how much they mean. Wish Id told my Daddy, something I'll live with the rest of my days.

barney, Carl, Gooser and 2 others like this.
  10. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    I understand your sentiment but my aunts and uncles and grandma did it for years. I feel that it’s my time to shoulder the weight and keep on with the tradition to help keep the family together. I hope my cousins feel the same way.

11. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
  12. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here on Kentucky Hunting.

barney, Carl, Feedman and 2 others like this.
  13. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Happy thanksgiving folks. Going to sit in the rain for a little bit before I enter back into the chaos. Thankful to be where I am. Doing what I’m doing.

barney, Carl, Feedman and 2 others like this.
  14. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    First Thanksgiving without my daughter! Not really looking forward to sitting across from her empty seat.
    Have fun laugh and share this wonderful day with your family and friends like it's the last time.

carnivore, Redlined, barney and 5 others like this.
  15. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Happy Thanksgiving all! Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday as a kid due to two traditions: men folk hunted in the morning and after we ate we we always climbed this big mountain near our house. Not sure why or how the mountain climb/hike became a thing but I thought it was the greatest thing in the world.

barney, Carl, Feedman and 1 other person like this.