Hanging Feeders

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kywallace69, Sep 21, 2015.

1. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    Found a nice place in the middle of an area where 5 big hollers come together. Been pouring corn out, but there destroying it in just a few days. 100lbs will last maybe 3 days.
    With probably a spotty acorn mast this year, corn will be king if you want to keep some of your deer around.

I was wanting to put a 300lb American Hunter Tri-Pod out.

I've never put a feeder out this late in the year. Kinda worried the noise will run the big boys off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. schroader

schroader 10 pointer

Dec 27, 2004
    down by the river,,,
    Put it out but still poor the corn on ground to get them used to it. It won't phase them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

3. They are all well and good as long as you have the "Local" deer using them. Few years back during the rut, I had a buck that I had not seen fastly approaching some does at my feeder just after daylight. I knew he was big and was a new deer. He ran like hell when the feeder went off, never returned. Not good when rutting and seeking from other farms. I pour on the ground but understand your delima.

4. bigbill30978

bigbill30978 Spike

May 17, 2013
    Warren Michigan
    Feeder will be fine, pour a little corn by it at first. Will keep does around and when you have does around, a buck will be close by.

5. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    That's what I thought about doing. However, these are deep hollers and if you snap your fingers, it echoes pretty far. After the leaves fall this place will really echo. With a feeder, I think it's going to be really loud. The only thing is deer travel it hard and bucks like it

6. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Ear corn will slow them way down. Put out a truckload and youll be good until the rut.