Had any luck rattling???

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by grizzly350, Nov 16, 2010.

1. grizzly350

grizzly350 Fawn

Apr 15, 2008
    eastern ky
    I had tried to rattle up a buck on several occasions but i think i do more scare'n then gettin them to come in....Any suggestions?

2. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

I rattle pre-rut. Once the rut hits, I don't think the bucks listen and I think it can scare does. And I want does hanging around as bait. ;)

3. hootowlman

hootowlman 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2007
    I rattled in and killed a 6 point opening morning. I dont think you can make to much noise its a fight and they really get after each other. First deer I ever rattled in and I have tried a bunch with no results.

4. ggodwin

ggodwin 10 pointer

Nov 16, 2009
    Boone County
    Not a fan of it. I have tried to pull two shooters in range last week. Both of them turned the trotted off.

5. boonectyhunter5618

boonectyhunter5618 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2004
    Erlanger
    in the past week and a half i have rattled in 4 different bucks. all have different reactions. watch when your down wind side because your big mature bucks will circle around you and hold tight on your down wind side. your younger bucks will come running in from all corners lol. they are young and dumb and looking for a fight. toss in a few tending grunts and some deep roars along with some doe bleats and your mixing a deadly cocktail! hope this helps. also dont be afraid to make noise and use some scents.

6. sterling

sterling 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    Mt. Sterling,Ky
    I tried it the first time Monday morning with no luck. I grabbed my babies rattle which made him mad and I shook it all morning but nothing came in,I just don't understand what went wrong!

7. Bigspringhunter07

Bigspringhunter07 8 pointer

Dec 12, 2007
    Breckinridge co.
    I have tried this with noluck at all, even tried the can call and a few grunts. All BS.

8. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    I've rattled in more does than I have bucks this year but did rattle in a decent 8 pt about two weeks ago.

I grunted and canned in 3 different bucks on Sunday.

9. top_sgt

top_sgt 6 pointer

Jul 10, 2007
    lexington, ky
    depends on the brand and color of the rattle!!!! Blues seem to work better on the bucks!