H.b 531

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Farrier85, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
  2. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    I remember there was some discussion of this a couple months ago here. I remember there being some kind of BS with it adding penalties as well and I remember thinking we didnt want this bill to pass. Ill try to go back through the forums and find some info.

3. Brown Dogs Matter

Brown Dogs Matter 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/16RS/HB531.htm

Didn't go anywhere. FYI, if you ever want to see what's going on with state legislation, www.lrc.ky.gov is the place to go. You can sign up for Billwatch, keep up with any bill that's been filed, etc.

Also, session is over for the year, so no worries about anything else coming down. Next session starts in January, is a short (30 day) one. They'll go for a few days in January, come back in February for the month, have veto days in March, be done by mid-March.

Last thing - just because THIS bill didn't pass, doesn't mean that some version of it wasn't attached to another bill. I've passed a couple like that in the past, when I was down there. That's why Billwatch is a good thing to use.

4. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    Found it. There was 9 pages of discussion of this before. Apparently, that bill was a defacto gun control measure that makes people criminals if they miss a no guns allowed sign while going into the mall or grocery store. Also changed the reciprocity agreements we have with other states.