Guy soaks up 12 shots before going down.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by CRFmxracer, Feb 9, 2021.

1. bstickin1

bstickin1 8 pointer

Jul 1, 2005
    Rocky Hill, Kentucky
    lol nah, like I said, I just don`t see the stick as a deadly weapon or think a cop has a right to use deadly force because someone doesn`t follow orders no more than I see it as justified for a cop to shoot a person because they "thought" as in... I thought he was going for a gun or I thought it was a gun... when the person actually has something like a cell phone in their hand.
    Something like this, no way I could let a cop slide for it. But they`ve been found not guilty many times for the same exact thing.

2. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    So are you saying no ones ever been beat to death with a stick?

3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Useless trivia. This is in the same Maryland County that the county official removed the POW/MIA flag from the courthouse and replaced it with a rainbow flag a few yrs ago.

4. chadwimc

chadwimc 12 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Earth
  5. You advance on a cop,he gonna bust some caps on that a$$,I think 1 45 round would have planted him 10 toes up,The snow removal deal,well bumping them gums got there a$$ to another world

glenmorebuckman and drakeshooter like this.
  6. The Cop shooting was 100% justified. A uniformed officer is assaulted by a unhinged motorist and refuses to stand down even after his handgun is pulled on him and continues to advance and strikes the officer? I am surprised he waited as long as he did. As for the effectiveness of the shots/ammo? You can see from the vid that the assailant took multiple center mass hits and most were pass-thru shots as you can see the mist blown out the back of the assailant as each shot impacted and passed thru. He took at least 5 shots before he began to falter. The officer followed current training and continued to shoot until the threat was no longer a threat. Was likely a 9mm Glock but could have been a 40S&W. I carry a single stack 9 a lot but my go to carry pistol is an H&K USP in 45acp and even that is not good enough if you know trouble is coming. Handgun is not that effective but with multiple solid hits will do the job. Handguns as a group lack range, accuracy, and power to incapacitate fast with one shot unless hit in central nervous system, spine or pelvis and short of a cranium shot could still be a threat. They are a defensive reactionary tool because they can be available on your person when a long gun might not.

If you know you are meeting a threat, a rifle or better yet a shotgun is far more effective. One 12ga 00buck does what a full mag of 9mm does in one shot. I prefer #1 buck. This is 16-30cal pellets at about 1200 fps. The cop knew he was alone and knew he was called to stop a crazed motorist who had been ramming cars. He should have exited the vehicle with his Rem 870 in hand. The guy was obviously enraged and out of control. I wish I could see the graphic on his tee shirt. I wonder what group he identified with? He seemed to hate cops?

As for the snow shovel murders? The shooter was being verbally assaulted but never appeared to be in danger or threatened at any point. He was allowed to retreat to the home or car to retrieve his handgun when he became the aggressor and attacked and shot both the husband and wife and after both were down, advanced and shot both again to make sure they were killed and then returned to the home to get what looks like and AR15 style rifle and gave them both a coup de grace for good measure showing his intent to kill even after both victims were no longer any form of threat. The two may or may not have brought this on themselves with their incessant verbal abuse but the old "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me", saying comes to mind. Most juries will convict that poor SOB for loosing his cool. It was interesting how quickly the hubby ran away as soon as he realized he was being killed. Real tough guy.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Carl likes this.
  7. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 12 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Just seeing this right now, all kinds of things are going through my head. #1 that sheriff should be behind a desk not in the field, #2 it would’ve been nice to see what a pistol taser did to the man first before deadly force was used #3 I realize things happen fast but that obese sheriff (Knowing his physical limitations) should not have initiated close contact until back up was present #4 i’m assuming the man is dead so we can safely say the deceased was definitely struggling with drug and mental issues making the situation even harder to deal with but I see this as a lose lose. I feel like deadly force was/is only way that officer could/can handle any disobedient aggressor in the field. Two of my very good friends are in law-enforcement they tell me stories almost weekly of different altercations they are involved in some very similar to this. Batons are there friend. You guys can look down on me but I find fault in the officers physical fitness just as I do the deceased erratic aggressive behavior

carnivore, Buzz151 and Meatstick like this.
  8. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I was waiting to hear Mike Myers' voice chime in, "That'll do Donkey. That'll do."

Carl and barney like this.
  9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Agreed.

drakeshooter likes this.
  10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Or the stick is used to help steal the weapon. I get it. The cop is fat. No doubt about that. It’s also completely irrelevant. The crack head swinging the stick and advancing toward a deputy issuing lawful commands is justification for deadly force. Like every single time with no exceptions.

11. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 10 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    Ya but if you recall the opening scene of the movie Joe, Robert, and Ray hear banging, stop the car, and pop the trunk to find the guy alive. Joe then pulls out a 12" kitchen knife and pokes him full of holes. Robert then proceeds to plug him a few with his revolver. Just say 'in.

G

12. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Hahahaha. This is soooo damn funny but also soooo damn true.

Carl likes this.
  13. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 8 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    Justified... no doubt about it.

Personally, I don't believe for a second I should be able to approach a cop with a chip on my shoulder, brandishing any kind of weapon, be it stick or machine gun, and expect to survive.

If you belive it's okay to disregard orders in that situation, after all that you should have been taught about respecting officers of the law, go try and see how you fair.

The reasonable expectation is that at minimum, you'll be in cuffs, and at worst you'll be in a box.

14. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 10 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    That dude was looking to get shot, the officer was kind enough to oblige him.

G

15. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Sheesh the second video was a straight up double murder. Wow.

riverboss likes this.