Grouse Population

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by hitch, Dec 21, 2013.

1. wildirishman64

wildirishman64 6 pointer

Dec 21, 2013
    Owsley County KY
    Out at day break. One bumped bird and two flocks of turkey's. First time I've seen turkey in this area. It was good to see but my hunter wanted to track them down. She got some sulfide when she broke the 1 st flock up lol. May try again I. A different spot tomorrow

Grouse and GSP, GAME ON!

2. grousebuster

grousebuster 6 pointer

Nov 28, 2005
    Hunted 4 hours today, but it felt like 8 hours after fighting some of the thickest and nastiest thickets in Lewis County. Results: 0 grouse, saw one rabbit, 2 hawks, 3 deer, a dead buck, and several scratches across the face and hands from the briars and saplings. image.jpg

3. grousebuster

grousebuster 6 pointer

Nov 28, 2005
    After today's hunt, I'm having Northwood Withdrawal Symptoms!

Attached Files:

4. wildirishman64

wildirishman64 6 pointer

Dec 21, 2013
    Owsley County KY
    Good find, I've been looking for early season sheds but no luck. I walked 5.2 miles today. Was good weather and then the wind kicked in. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow morning at a different location. Tough to stay motivated on birds with just a bumped bird. Didn't see any rabbits like I have been. I miss Colorado a lot when I have days like this but my GSP loves to hunt as much as I do.

Grouse and GSP, GAME ON!

5. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    Gentlemen, the march on the Capital has been postponed, we will be attending the committee meeting tomorrow. That means, don't bring your dogs, but still wear your orange. The meeting will begin at 8:30 Friday morning, Feb. 7th. This is our chance as a group to make a differents.

6. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    The committee meeting is at the SLATO Center isn't it and not down at the Capital?

7. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    It's at the building just before the Slato center. Once you enter the property you'll approach a stop sign, continue through the stop sign, there's a parking lot on your left, the building is beside the parking lot.