Grouse hunting trip to Wisconsin for my husband's Birthday????? HELP

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by BedDown, Dec 7, 2010.

1. BedDown

BedDown Fawn

Dec 7, 2010
    I love my Husband dearly and want to show how much!!! He has his own dog and wants to take a trip so I figured I would give it to him but..... I need help with what time of year? where in Wisconsin? Can he bring his dog?......Those sort of things. Can anyone help with my problem!!!????

2. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Do you have a sister? If so, show her my picture. I need a woman like you.

But back to your question...get hubby to schedule his vacation in the latter half of October, make him reservations at a hotel in Phillips, Park Falls, or somewhere closeby. Buy him maps of the state, contact the local tourism boards and get their packages sent to you. Make sure he's got a dog box in the truck and a sack of clean clothes. He'll get up there and have a ball.

3. BedDown

BedDown Fawn

Dec 7, 2010
    I don't want him to know about it!!! I want supprize him with it! I need to know how to do it on my own. Can you give me some websites to get information?

4. grousec

grousec 6 pointer

Jan 15, 2009
    mt sterling ky
    What a gift! He will never forget it and will want to make it a habbit. You might do a search on grouse hunting in Wisconsin. Or www.parkfalls.com also maybe phillips Wis. There are tons of places to hunt once you get in the northern part of the state. I hunt the north eastern side. If I can help further let me know.

5. KY Fowl Hunter

KY Fowl Hunter Fawn

Dec 28, 2008
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Here is another site I use to get a free map of all the county, state, and Federal Forests available for grouse hunting in Price County, Wisconsin: www.phillipswisconsin.net

You can request a hunting package of information with the free map described above. It will have lots of information on grouse hunting. Hope this helps!

6. djs

djs Fawn

Jan 30, 2010
    If you don't mind paying for a guide, look into Classic Bird Hunts out of Clam Lake, Wi. I've had great luck up there and the guides were terrific with my (at that time) young teenage son getting his first ruffed. Classicbirdhunts.com
    He can bring his own dogs our just use theirs.
    Good luck,
    Dan

7. BedDown

BedDown Fawn

Dec 7, 2010
    Thank you guys! You have really helped me on getting things started. Maybe this site is good for something other than taking all my husbands attention!!!! Thank you guys again!!!!

8. You are the best wife ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. llewellin1

llewellin1 Fawn

Mar 20, 2011
    Sandyhook Kentucky
    I know a great place in Phillips that is very reasonable and they let you keep your dogs there and can stake them out back and everything. Message me and I will try to give more info.

10. BedDown

BedDown Fawn

Dec 7, 2010
    Thank You Guys for all the help!!!!! I gave him a Atlas/Gazetteer for his birthday party!!!!! He love it!!! Thank You again for all the help!!!!

11. Thank goodness the suspense is now over and I can discuss the trip, instead of having to change the subject again.
    Wooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!!