Grouse Hunters

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by Birdman, Jun 21, 2009.

1. grouser68

grouser68 Banned

Jan 29, 2006
    Heard a report from my Uncle the other day, he has a place in Mn.,says it's looking good up there also.Anyone here go to Mn.?

2. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    I have in past years. The last two years we were there birds were down, we moved to Mi.

3. APS

APS Fawn

Made my first trip to the UP last year. We had a great time and bagged several birds. Planning on going back this year.

4. beards-n-bone

beards-n-bone 10 pointer

Nov 12, 2008
    Pulaski Co.
    I go north every year with my ol man. when we get to the U.P of michigan we still got 8 hrs of drivin left. We hunt around Geraldton Canada. Only allowed to bring 15 per person back across the border. We stay at an bear/moose camp with nice little cabins. We and the dogs have grouse to eat three times a day just so we can keep hunting. After huntin around here its like shooting blackbirds!!!!! Birds hold real good....great place to work young dogs.

5. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    beards-n-bone

Do you go through Duluth or Sault Ste. Marie?

6. powwowdancer

powwowdancer 6 pointer

May 12, 2009
    Madison County
    The picture is of Sergeant York. Another of my favorite "old school" war heroes was Marine Corps General Smedley Darlington Butler. Their stories make for fascinating reading.

7. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    Folks, as cool as June and July has been, we maybe looking at a early fall. If so, some of us may get snowed in up north. ;) That would be awful:D

8. 6.5x55swedish

6.5x55swedish 12 pointer

May 27, 2005
    Lexington
    If you drive in the snow up there like you drive in the snow around here the locals will will get a good show..... A bunch of kentucky boys snowed in would be awful, for the locals... Probably will drag you back to the bridge and tell you not to come back.:D

9. beards-n-bone

beards-n-bone 10 pointer

Nov 12, 2008
    Pulaski Co.
    Sault Ste. Marie.

10. 6.5x55swedish

6.5x55swedish 12 pointer

May 27, 2005
    Lexington
    The real question is how do you pronounce it:D

11. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    ha ha ha ha goood one right there...............

12. grouser68

grouser68 Banned

Jan 29, 2006
    I know it's still early...........but I got the fever bad!It's been almost 2 years since I have been in the grouse woods, north or south, I am chompin' at the bit!My Uncle out in Kansas invited me to go with him to N.D. for a pheasant/hun/sharptail hunt this fall. Thats all well n good, but Oct. can't get here soon enough for my liking!Got a new shotgun,dug out my hunting clothes, just need to work on the ol' setter and I am READY!:D I am soooooooooo stoked about it I may have to get up north in Sept. and say the heck with the heat, and greenery! Anybody else this stoked.........this far out?:D

13. grouser68

grouser68 Banned

Jan 29, 2006
    Grousegal, I think was asking what GSP's avatar was at the time, not mine. I was wondering what it was also.He now has a caveman I believe.

14. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    From a report I got Friday, looks like numbers are up in the UP this year. ;)

15. Mtdrummer

Mtdrummer Spike

Jun 30, 2008
    Paintsville, KY
    Sounds good to me.