Grouse Cycle

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by bonasa umbellus, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    Do we need to bring some with us when we come????[}:)][:D]

2. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    May not be a bad ideal. We flew three yesterday. Who ever is hunting with me, may want to bring benguy for their feet.

3. grousegunner

grousegunner 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2002
    nicholasville, ky.
    hey birdman, we hunted in your neck of the woods on thursday of last week & only moved two birds.( both pointed by setters not gsp's)I was in the best grouse cover I had seen in years. every thing from smothered honeysuckle benches to mouthwatering clearcuts & a lot of it. we were right on the magoffin,johnson county line . I believe it was route 815. how many birds have you been averaging to move a day ? I was a little dissapointed after hearing about such a good hatch, but hey thats grouse huntin'. " going to the kings castle does't gaurantee that he's home"

4. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    I'll have to check, but it's some where around two per hunt. I've have some days of 0 birds and some of 4. Hunted with Multi this week-end we flew one bird on a two day hunt. He's a trooper, we had a great time.

Were you hunting with someone from this area, on private or public land?

5. skunkie

skunkie Fawn

Jan 19, 2003
    Paintsville, Ky, USA.
    Ron Charles and I arn't finding the birds we did last year.

cecil dale daniel

6. grousegunner

grousegunner 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2002
    nicholasville, ky.
    had another good two days of hunting. I've moved 14 birds in the past two days & bagged 3. one today & two yesterday.

7. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    skunkie, good to see your on site. I've been trying to get in touch for about a month now. We have a hunt this week-end and a dinner on Sun. night. You need to be there. Call we need to talk.

8. skunkie

skunkie Fawn

Jan 19, 2003
    Paintsville, Ky, USA.
    ron i just learned this thing had 2 pages the other day. not very good at this. charles and i arnt haveing much luck this year. all of our holes are dryed up. found more last year in one day than in a mth this year!!