Ground Blinds

I was looking through the new hunting guide the KDFWR has up and it says that if your using a hunting blind, hunter orange must be visible on all sides. Ok, so... how do I do that? My ex and I can't climb trees anymore due to our disabilities. So I'm in the market for a two-person hunting blind. But where would I get hunter orange to attach to the blind so we don't get shot by accident? And are hunter orange hats with camo legal? I didn't think they were but I see a lot of videos on Youtube where these out-of-town people come to film their hunts in KY for a later broadcast and they are wearing hunter-orange hats with camo in them.

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
Walmart
1657071484011.png

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
I was looking through the new hunting guide the KDFWR has up and it says that if your using a hunting blind, hunter orange must be visible on all sides. Ok, so... how do I do that? My ex and I can't climb trees anymore due to our disabilities. So I'm in the market for a two-person hunting blind. But where would I get hunter orange to attach to the blind so we don't get shot by accident? And are hunter orange hats with camo legal? I didn't think they were but I see a lot of videos on Youtube where these out-of-town people come to film their hunts in KY for a later broadcast and they are wearing hunter-orange hats with camo in them.
The same hunting guide says orange camo is not legal. Read the whole thing.
Put orange vest on top so visible 360.

Hoene

10 pointer
May 8, 2012
Northern Ky
Whenever gun deer hunting is allowed on a wildlife management area, state park or Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area, a person who will be hunting from inside a ground blind must first attach a hat or vest made of solid, unbroken hunter orange material to the blind so it is visible from all sides. Hunter orange clothing requirements still apply for anyone inside the blind.

Whenever gun deer hunting is allowed on a wildlife management area, state park or Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area, a person who will be hunting from inside a ground blind must first attach a hat or vest made of solid, unbroken hunter orange material to the blind so it is visible from all sides. Hunter orange clothing requirements still apply for anyone inside the blind.
Thank you, Hoene, for your kind response.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Orange hats are allowed a single small logo. Orange camo was the rage when I was a kid but it probably wasn’t legal then either. I think all mine are the el cheapo browning hats I buy after season in bulk on sale and give to new folks I turn into hunters.

The orange vest (you wore in) draped over center of blind is what is recommended by fish and game. “No hunter orange is required to be worn inside the blind” Any deer hunter that takes scent control serious is going to have an extra scent free vest in a ziplock ready to go.

luvtohunt

10 pointer
Sep 1, 2011
Eubank, Ky
I have owned blinds in the past that had a small (postcard size) flap on each outside panel that could be un-velcroed to expose a blaze orange fabric underneath. Can't recall the brand though.

Latest posts