Griddle Help

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by buckfever2, Jun 21, 2020.

1. buckfever2

buckfever2 6 pointer

Jan 3, 2009
    Ok guys. The wife got me a Blackstone griddle for Father’s Day. Never used one before. What’s some recipes and tricks?

2. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Chicken sir fry,. Modify the drip pan YouTube this Or you will have a mess. Store inside or get a top for it. And a cover it will become a rust bucket, season season season , pork chops, burgers, steaks,

3. Chessie202

Chessie202 6 pointer

Nov 15, 2004
    Harrison Co.
    Watch a video on seasoning it. Not hard to do at all. Use hard crisco or lard.

4. Nah the new blackstones fixed the drip pan design flaw. They’re in the back center now.

My buddy has been cooking us up meals nearly every weekend. I’d say Philly cheesesteaks and chicken fritters have been my favorite, along with Mexican pizzas using flour tortillas.

Nock likes this.
  5. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    I’ve got a newer one. No problems with drip tray. Like said just keep it clean covered and seasoned.

kyoutdoorsman and drakeshooter like this.
  6. I bought a portable 2 burner unit by Blue Rhino yesterday. Love n it so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JR in KY, Nock, Feedman and 7 others like this.
  7. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    You are speaking my language! What time are we supposed to show up?

drakeshooter likes this.
  8. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Shew, that looks great!

RLWEBB and drakeshooter like this.
  9. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    You can cook just about anything on a dang griddle. I prefer my steaks over coals but i wont turn one down off a griddle. I have a 4 burner blackstone..that bad boy will fit a whole 3 1/2 lb pack of wrights thick cut bacon on it at once.

Philly cheesesteaks are pretty inexpensive.super easy and quick. We eat em quite a bit.

drakeshooter likes this.
  10. spanky116

spanky116 6 pointer

Aug 14, 2005
    Garrad County, KY
    Try using Ghee to cook with. It's clarified butter. I started using it and and I think it makes the food a lot better. I can't wait to get some fresh corn to fry on it.

11. Yeah I prefer a ribeye in a cast iron pan to the griddle, ain’t bad just not the same.