Greenbo lake state park

bubba22

6 pointer
Sep 4, 2012
marion co
Has anyone ever hunted greenbo lake state park and is the hunting any good????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

finelydeerhunting

8 pointer
Nov 7, 2006
Finley, KY
Hey Michael,

Is greenbo like LBL and don't count against your state tag?

NVM, saw the other post about the paid hunt. Not a bad deal, if the WMA is worth a hoot. Last year they had 109 applicants apply for 90 spots, that's not a real good ratio to say that this WMA is awesome.

Last edited:

finelydeerhunting

8 pointer
Nov 7, 2006
Finley, KY
Yeah, but it was the only hunt offered on the WMA. January should pull numbers down, especially when quota hunts count against your state tag. I'm sure many were ready to be done by then, so didn't apply. Could be a great deal for someone that has the time to go up there and hunt.

Ash12

10 pointer
Oct 21, 2007
If I had the money and the time I would give it at least a thought. Particularly the November 1-4 hunt.

bubba22

6 pointer
Sep 4, 2012
marion co
I'm going to be hunt at LBL Nov 1-4 thought about trying to hunt there Nov 29 -Dec 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
Its nothing but a big old growth forest . No way would i waste a drive of any distance on it unless you just want to hunt for the fun. If your trophy hunting save your gas.

Sep 14, 2012
Got drawn for Jan quota hunt about 7 years ago. 4 of us went and only one saw a deer. About 5 people in the holler with him and everyone shootin at it. Doe that weighed about 40lbs field dressed. Only about 20-25 deer turned in out of 120 people hunting. biggest was 65lbs field dressed. Beautiful place, but hunting sucks.

Latest posts