Green River State Park hunt

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by grinder, Dec 9, 2020.

1. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Oughta go set lines for catfish staying on the water

2. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    Upside down pic..., great..... did get to witness a bald eagle whipping up on 2 much larger golden eagles ! Cool ! First time i ever saw a golden eagle !

3. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    They were probably premature bald eagles...

re read your post Nevermind if they were larger they probably were golden eagles. I’ve never seen one either

4. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    Def not bald eagles, considerably larger, googled it and consulted fish and wildlife biologist. They winter here from Canada

CRFmxracer likes this.
  5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    They are some big bastards

6. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Very cool. I wonder if I’ve ever seen one at ky lake and thought it was an immature bald Eagle. I’ve def seen some big ones that I thought were

7. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    They are considerably larger than balds ,as big as a turkey vulture, but brown with lighter shades under wings and tail. Feathers all the way to their feet, not yellow like bald eagle

CRFmxracer likes this.
  8. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 10 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    I’m home trying to recover from climbing those mountains. But even more from all that food I ate! Man you guys are some fine cooks!
    Really enjoyed the campfire and the food was a bonus. If I just wasn’t so shy! Lol
    Thanks for everything.

9. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Son and I had one fly over us low at Ky Lake. If I hadn't seen some in Wy I'd not known what it was. Was told (4-5 yrs ago) no known nesting pair in Ky but they do pass through spending some time here.

CRFmxracer likes this.
  10. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Yeah that article says Lbl and bernheim are best places to see one so I’m sure I have just assumed it was a young bald Eagle. Bald eagles are all over the place down there

11. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I thought they had a transmitter on one a few years ago in Bernheim

12. KYhunter

KYhunter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    Checked out this morning. Please put in comment section of check-out card request to open zone 1 near dam next year to disperse hunters. Seems like hunters were bumping into hunters, almost like some were rabbit hunting.

13. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    It’s a public land hunt, you can’t expect that not to happen when you put 40+ hunters on less than 1300 acres. Buddy and I moved 2 different times from a spot we wanted to hunt, because someone else got in ahead of us. What’s tricky is when they don’t park where they intend to hunt, which was the case both times. One morning he was confronted and these guys claimed we did not hunt there Thursday morning. Hmmm.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020