Green Eyed Monster

justdacehayes

6 pointer
Oct 19, 2004
Berea Ky.
loved your post drc......and the others as well. I just want my 9 yr old grandson to have an opportunity the last weekend of the year. I would rather see him take a small doe than to kill a Boone and Crockett myself.I love that littleman so much......words cant express it. He is my best friend and the apple of my eye. I thank GOD for him everyday.

bullittcounty

8 pointer
Aug 23, 2005
bullitt county
True.

Most Men are too competitive. Its all about who can kill the biggest and baddest. We sometimes forget it should be about the enjoyment and experience. I get just as excited when a family member kills a big buck as I do myself.

B Hicks

12 pointer
Sep 29, 2006
Lancaster, KY
to all that have responded to this thread will know and appreciate this.i have not taken a deer this year but my daughter in law took her first buck this year as well as my 12 year old niece.when i heard the shot and then the squeal which i thought was a coyote my heart sped up for the excitement we shared.been a great year.when i look at the pictures of my 2 sons with their 1st deer those same feeling keep coming back.

I can't wait to take a youngster here in a couple of weeks that did not have an opportunity to go in early youth, or firearms season, because he had no one to take him. I wish I had known then. I can't wait to get him out there and share in the excitement. If I can help him be successful, that will be more rewarding to me than taking any deer myself.

30-30

8 pointer
Aug 26, 2011
great post, but i think the tv farm hunters dont help to the killing the biggest buck deal

notimlmit

12 pointer
Feb 7, 2007
Barren co.
I took my third largest buck to date with my bow this year, 10 pt, but my wife of 32 years went for her first ever deer hunt this time with me and killed a spike. I'm more excited and pumped up over her deer than mine. It's not about the size of the antlers that matters the most but the memories that are made with family and friends. I try to better myself but I will take whatever the Good Lord sends me.

justdacehayes

6 pointer
Oct 19, 2004
Berea Ky.
I can't wait to take a youngster here in a couple of weeks that did not have an opportunity to go in early youth, or firearms season, because he had no one to take him. I wish I had known then. I can't wait to get him out there and share in the excitement. If I can help him be successful, that will be more rewarding to me than taking any deer myself.

I hope you have a
good place to take him....I have no idea where to take my grandson. Good Luck to you with him. I hope you have a great time.

Alonzo