Great Obama Pic

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by EKY.MTN.HUNTER, Feb 6, 2008.

1. hannibal

hannibal 6 pointer

Aug 8, 2007
    Western, KY
    I guess if that makes him unpatriotic then half the people at MSU's last basketball game are unpatriotic as well. I've always understood it that you don't have to cross your heart during the anthem, just be reverent.

2. KYCatBirdHunter

KYCatBirdHunter Banned

Oct 22, 2003
    Shelbyville, KY
    yeah, it makes sense that someone who has taken the abuse that he has over things beyond his control to run for the highest office in the land has no respect for America.

3. teacher

teacher 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    Flemingsburg, KY
    Same here... Only see a handfull of people do it at sporting events..

4. JP

JP 10 pointer

Jul 8, 2004
    Carroll County
    Agreed...I typically take off my hat (regardless of the awesomeness that is my hat head) and put it down with my hands together. Half the folks don't even do that....some keep talking. I'm not an Obama supporter---scratch that....yes I am if its between the two dem candidates---but I don't think this and this alone is the tipping point for me.

5. PSEaxis

PSEaxis 6 pointer

Jun 22, 2005
    Fishers, IN
    What? I've never noticed that here.

6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Let me ask a couple questions.

Was any of those people at the basketball game and other sporting events running for the office of the President of the United States??

This man is trying to get the higest office in the land , he's not just some Joe Blow with a beer at a ball game who can do anything he wants. He IS a United States Senator and should show more respect for his country's flag.

If he does not respect America does that mean the people that support him also does not respect America??

7. I wouldn't say that Murray fans are any different than other fans or are unpatriotic, but you look around at the games (I've been a season ticket holder for years) and you see stuff that is disrespectful to the flag. I was taught you keep your mouth shut, face the flag and either put your hand over your heart or stand at attention with your hands at your side or behind your back. I routinely see a large number of people who are jabbering, looking around and don't even bother to teach their children to stop running around and playing. I dunno, I guess it is about respect.

I agree with Wildcat in the fact that you would think that a U.S. Senator, especially one running for Commander-in-Chief (Obama, CIC? lmao), would show the ultimate respect for our flag and its symbolism than to stand around looking like an idiot. Then again, anybody who would vote against a bill letting (that term still burns me up) a citizen defend their homes with a firearm isn't fit to be dog catcher (thank you Walter Mondale).

8. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I would say you hit the nail on the head with that statement, whether most of the old school like it or not, the good ole US of A, is a changing.
    Who would have ever thought........that a woman, or a black muslim male, would get the Dems. nod, in 08..........God bless the USA!
    [​IMG]

9. hannibal

hannibal 6 pointer

Aug 8, 2007
    Western, KY
    there is no evidence to support that he is muslim. and as far as the flag is concerned, you think that he should be held to a higher standard than the average person? he's just a man too. not a deity, or royalty. just a man.

10. teacher

teacher 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    Flemingsburg, KY
    So what we are saying is that someone doesn't respect America because they were taught differently than crossing your heart?

11. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    He is a United States Senator who is running for President of the United States. He representes the people of the State of Illinois in the federal govt.

Yes he should be held to a higher standard.

You've all held President Bush to a higher standard, same with any other President, Senator or Representive.

12. thunderchicken09

thunderchicken09 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    He just lost all respect from me.

13. Scott7m

Scott7m 12 pointer

Dec 20, 2007
    Carter City, Ky
    over a picture you saw from snopes.com????? c'mon

I don't have any respect for him based on his issues and where he stands.. but i can't judge him from a pic found on the internet. i don't put my hand over my heart for the anthem....

14. BOBCAT

BOBCAT 6 pointer

Jan 28, 2004
    MADISONVILLE, KY, USA.
    I always remove my hat and place it over my heart.........doesn't everyone??:confused:

I even do this in my own living room, even if I'm alone. I guess that's how I was raised.