Grass seed

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by kyoutdoorsman, May 30, 2020.

1. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    I put my right leg in first.

2. Tankt

Tankt 6 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    And then what brand of jeans. And then what style...straight leg, relaxed, etc.

And on and on and on...

3. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    haha, if you do it in clover, might as well raise Bees, supposedly there is a good Tax write off.

4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Clover and dandelions are the devil. Walked the yard last evening with my sprayer and weed-b-gon. Only a couple of small areas with clover. Be gone in 3 days.

5. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 6 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    24D get them weeds. And seeding does best In fall one thing helps is a small disc or something to break ground little bit. Trust me water is your friend for 2 weeks! ...... Last fall during that drought we had I put down $10,000 of blue Grass seed and it is nice!!

6. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Accidentally spray painted a strip of grass gloss hunter green moments ago. Looks much better.

Gforcetrivers likes this.
  7. KYKRAZEE

KYKRAZEE Fawn

Oct 20, 2013
    I've used Pennington with good success but I think to get a great stand of grass is take a soil sample to your local co-op and have it analyzed to see how much if any lime you may need. Dethatch your yard to where you have torn alot of grass up and plant in the fall. I've always heard it's best to plant in the months that end in "er" Sept., Oct., Nov. And be sure to keep it watered very well, and maybe add some 10-10-10 fertilizer when you put seed down. When it gets to a cutable height cut it tall. Someone else on here suggested the same thing. Good luck!!!
    And don't pay any attention to the big mouths on here as I'm pretty sure this site is about learning and HELPING each other and ya don't learn unless you ask questions.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    kyoutdoorsman likes this.
  8. KYKRAZEE

KYKRAZEE Fawn

Oct 20, 2013
    You a
    Did you and Tankt get your degrees in ASSHOLE from the same school? I've read quite a few of your posts' on here that you've commented on and just about all of them have one thing in common, they show you're a real prick. I don't know who you think you are but you're no better than anyone else on here or in the world, but clearly you must think you're special. Well, you're special alright, no doubt about that. And with the attitude you have you most definitely don't need to be a UK fan....Loserville or Indiana maybe. Sure do hope you test negative for covid19 and ya surgery goes well today. BTW...you havin surgery to get a personality implant? If so, the doctors gonna have their work cut out for them. Have a good one pal.

9. KYKRAZEE

KYKRAZEE Fawn

Oct 20, 2013
    You an asshole in training under the divine teachings of 1wildcat? How about both you and him try being decent or is that impossible?

10. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    You got that right kykrazee,

11. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Hypocrite much lol

12. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    Man has got to ask questions to learn,nothing wrong with that.
    I use Ky 31,reseed ever fall if it needs it or not.
    Now in my yard if its green and I can mow it,its good to go.....

13. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    have u self annointed yourself as the forum ethics czar? and you're going to tell me who I can or can't pull for?
    Doc tested me, said my bubbly personality and my charming sunny disposition is off the charts. I think she called me a ray of sunshine.

14. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    This is awful late to show grass seed

aaronc likes this.
  15. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

LOL,..yep,...from clover to fescue to crabgrass,...I got it. It all mows though. I love my yard and spend a lot of time in it,...I stripe her up pretty good and mow frequently. That being said I don't sweat the weeds/dandelions/or any of that,..I'm not a sprayer or someone that spreads fertilizer on it,......trees on the other hand :rolleyes:.....the young ones may get a little help here and there.

carnivore likes this.