grandpa

JR PORTER

10 pointer
May 1, 2014
KNOTT CO. KY
I took my grandson hunting a few years ago when he was 12, huge buck showed up, let him shoot it, 10 point with a 24 in spread, won the big buck contest at the local gun shop, 600.00 spent it on a new browning x bolt, he still hunts with it! One proud grandson.........and grandpa! I still remember that day, he's 19 now and he is going hunting with me this weekend in that same stand! Maybe he'll let me shoot this time! Nahhhh, I'll still let him shoot.

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
Grandpa should pull the stick out of his ars and enjoy watching his Grandaughter harvest what very well may be the buck of her life. She may not want to go hunting with him very many more years, they grow up very fast and there intrests do change.

jim rifanburg

6 pointer
Jul 27, 2016
I read a article once about the three stages of hunting the first stage when you are a youngen is the shooter stage kids wanta shoot if you deprive them of this stage of development the will never evolve into a true hunter let her kill what ever gets her little heart pumping and make it a special moment weather it be a a doe spike or booner

Dark Cloud

12 pointer
Aug 14, 2009
Lawrence Co.
I read a article once about the three stages of hunting the first stage when you are a youngen is the shooter stage kids wanta shoot if you deprive them of this stage of development the will never evolve into a true hunter let her kill what ever gets her little heart pumping and make it a special moment weather it be a a doe spike or booner
I didn’t read that article,I made my own,first stage deer hunt,the way God meant it to be,shoot yourself a deer,second stage kill a nice buck,third stage go back to deer hunting,the way God gave it to us,and enjoy hunting and time afield .

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
There is nothing more enjoyable than seeing a young hunter be successful. It's what it's all about. Without the youth hunters our sport is doomed. PASS IT ON! I wouldn't hesitate, heck I'd be begging the youth to shoot that buck! I'd probably be more excited than the kid! :)

I spent 35 years guiding turkey hunters. About year 20 I got tired of the asshat male hunters that just couldn't get it in their heads that it's hunting and some days things just don't work out. They would whine the entire hunt. I quit taking folks that I knew were a PITA, and focused on guiding yutes, women and returning clients that were solid hunters/good folk. It became so much more enjoyable. I still take youth on youth weekend and next spring have a friends boys 8 and 10 that have never killed a turkey coming. With the hatch we had it should be a jake fest all over. We should be able to make some wishes come true. I pray so!

Latest posts