grandpa

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
so some guy on Facebook actually posted this. It's a nice buck, probably near 160, but how could you even ask? WTH?

What do i do , I’ve done tagged out and can’t hunt anymore. I didn’t want to kill this buck, I want to give him one more year but my granddaughter saw some of the pictures I have of him and she said that’s the one I want to hunt. This is where I need ur advice, if he walks out at 50 yards broad side and stops, what do I do tell her to shoot him or do I break her heart and say that’s the one you can’t shoot next year he will be a B & C buck.

jblack1

12 pointer
Dec 13, 2005
The END!!!!
If it were me the kiddo gets the chance for the harvest!!!
I'm hoping my 10 year old kills one that dwarfs my little velvet ten point that I took opening weekend of bow season.

dirtstalker

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2009
Clay County
If the kid gets the chance..take it. No questions about it.

Edit to add..dont make the kid miserable. If its a legal oppurtunity..and they want to..let em try. The score means nothing to them unless they have been ingrained with that way of mind.

Mainbeam

12 pointer
Jul 7, 2012
Dumbest shit ever. My kids are different. My son has killed everything spikes baskets does fawns jakes and all in between. My daughter killed a couple smaller bucks and then she just did a 360 and wanted to be picky. She has passed a bunch of 120 inch deer but she enjoys that style of hunting. She brags on being picky but thats her style. Let em kill what they want and they will choose there own path that makes them happy. my boy has killed a truckload of small bucks and hes an adult now and i still wouldnt put it behind him to torch a 100 inch deer. He shoots when he feels like it lol

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Unfortunately that's the mentality these days for the dedicated tv show watcher.
He needs his ass kicked for even asking.
Agreed. And he's a GRANDFATHER!. The one that was saying let it pass appears to be a 20ish idiot.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I was more understanding of that mentality 20 years ago. Not anymore. I think it's just a matter of priorities.
I would never understand that thought process. One of my hunting buddies talked his son into passing a small 8 point three years ago. Convinced him it was too small. His son agreed (youth hunter). His son still has not killed a buck, and lost interest in deer hunting.

Latest posts