Governor said bye bye Non residents

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Shelby21, Mar 30, 2020.

1. DaveO

DaveO Spike

Dec 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’ll come hunt my property in KY and go back to Indiana whenever I please

Brody, barney, cedar creek and 3 others like this.
  2. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Just said again. Don't travel

3. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    I couldn’t go to Texas or Florida this year due to the virus pandemic, I have parents that are old and others that I didn’t want to be selfish and bring the bug back, I’m sure people are going to rebal around the rules but at the end of the day it’s their for our own safety and well being

4. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Beshear’s news briefing today (3/31) he stated that he had spoken to several county judge executives today’s in border counties to other states. He said it was mostly clarification on the travel restrictions but one concern from all of them is nonresidents of these other states coming to Kentucky.

Beshear stated that it wasn’t a situation of closing roads but that he was considering issuing a 14 day quarantine period (executive order)for those coming into Ky from other states. Which he stated it was something other states (AE-Florida) were doing.

So.... I’m a Ky resident & not taking sides here either way... honesty don’t care. But I’d say it’s highly likely this executive order will materialize. Which don’t have a clue how they would enforce it.... but I’d suspect OOS plates would draw some attention.

This also could be the proverbial straw that could effect the season in general.

Shelby21 and Dark Cloud like this.
  5. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    I love to hunt as much as anyone, I feel closing the season would be over reach!
    I don't like the thought of closing our boarders to out of state hunters but I can see where we have to get control of this killing machine that is effecting our country.
    Just imagine if someone you love gets this and dies! If closing the boarders to other states protects just one of us ky residents it's worth it!
    I haven't got anything against none resident turkey Hunter's and know it would suck if they do it, but we have to see this as life threatening to some of us.
    We've all bitched about the Democrats not letting us build the wall and stop the flow

of illegal rapists and murders! But we know not all of them are bad people, but if we stop just one it was worth it! This is no different.
    But closing the season for those of us who arent leaving would be very wrong!

dirtstalker and Winchester94 like this.
  6. Duckwisperer

Duckwisperer Spike

Jan 11, 2020
    Arkansas
    what do you suggest to those who have purchased out of state license already let them come or issue a refund.... Looking at Nebraska they're allowing those who have purchased already to hunt but has suspended to any more license being issued..

7. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    I really don't know what they will do if this happens but can't imagine they will let them come.
    Ever yr I got to LBL in Feb, I wait untill the truck is loaded to buy my permit on line.
    I would bet before the 18th something will happen but for now I can see youth season being easy to slip threw the cracks, but I wouldn't let anyone who didn't need to see me see me.
    Heck bring a camper and stay for 2 weeks if you can.

8. Duckwisperer

Duckwisperer Spike

Jan 11, 2020
    Arkansas
    actually I own some land in KY actually trying to sell it now but I do own abt 80 acres there certainly I can access my own land? did I mention it was for sale ?:);)

9. Timholt70

Timholt70 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2019
    Christian county
    Where is it?how much $$$?

10. Duckwisperer

Duckwisperer Spike

Jan 11, 2020
    Arkansas
    Pm sent

11. I’m not sure the goobernor is even aware of youth season this weekend but you can bet he will know after all the complaints of out of state turkey hunters start to flood in this weekend. I wouldn’t bank on the regular state season being open to non-residents.

riverboss likes this.
  12. blackangus

blackangus 6 pointer

Sep 24, 2007
    Eastern Ky
    Agreed. He's proven to be very unfriendly to the sportsmen and women of the Commonwealth; if he figures out he can shut it down, he will.

drakeshooter likes this.
  13. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    My co said this morning they won’t close it to residents but oos he couldn’t give me an answer because not his decision

14. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    JD, have any idea if the county clerk office is open in Benton or how they're operating? May just have to get a Ky plate for my truck if i can pull off an escape here tomorrow.

15. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Most county court clerk offices are conducting business over the phone and the actual facility closed to the general public.

I’d give them a call, they should be able to mail the plates to the Ky residence or other address.

1wildcatfan likes this.