Gov. Ralph Northam confirms Virginia already 'working on' gun confiscation now that Democrats are in

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EC, Nov 8, 2019 at 1:06 PM.

1. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Gov. Ralph Northam confirms Virginia already 'working on' gun confiscation now that Democrats are in control
    Elections do, indeed, have consequences.

Breck Dumas

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) of blackface fame boasted this week that his party is ready to implement an array of gun control measures in the commonwealth now that Democrats control all three branches of government, and his administration is already "working on" a plan for confiscating so-called "assault weapons" from law-abiding gun owners.

What are the details?
    The Washington Post reported Wednesday that Northam wants to bring back eight "common-sense" gun control measures that Republicans shot down during a special session in July, prioritizing "universal background checks, banning the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, restoring the law that limits purchases to one gun a month, and a red flag law that would empower a court to temporarily remove a gun from a person deemed to be a risk to himself or others."

When asked directly about whether he is supportive of confiscating "assault weapons from gun owners" Northam replied, "That's something I'm working [on] with our secretary of public safety. I'll work with the gun violence activists, and we'll work [on] that. I don't have a definitely plan today."

On Tuesday, Virginia voters handed Democrats total control of the commonwealth's General Assembly — flipping both the Senate and the House of Delegates from red to blue majorities. The Democratic Party now controls not only Virginia's legislature, but holds the governorship, lieutenant governorship, attorney general, and both U.S. Senate seats.

Northam believes the results from Tuesday's election shows Virginia is now a solid Democratic stronghold. When a reporter referred to the commonwealth as "a pretty purple state" during a cabinet meeting Wednesday, the governor pushed back, according to The Post.

"The is a blue state," Northam said. "I made that announcement last night...So Virginia's blue. I want everybody to know that."

Anything else?
    CNBC reported that Everytown for Gun Safety — a gun control-advocacy group largely bankrolled by billionaire Michael Bloomberg — "spent $2.5 million this year to influence voters in Virginia versus approximately $300,000 by the NRA, which has its headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia."
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/gov-r...onfiscation-now-that-democrats-are-in-control

2. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    No surprise here. Democrat gun owners over there are shocked but that's who they voted for.

3. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    I'm sure Gov. 'Coonman' is dancing the jig.

4. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    But Duster has told you many times they aren’t serious about that silly confiscation stuff. We have nothing to worry about guys.

5. Bubbles

Bubbles 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    Idiot governor is asking for bloodshed

drakeshooter likes this.
  6. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    Virginia hasn't been worth a shit since they outlawed tinted windows and fuzz Buster's. Good Riddance

7. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
  8. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Yes but he still won't admit to his Blanton homosexual tendency's either.

9. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Thats right he said its just talking points, hyperbole. They don't really mean it. They been saying for a long time.

drakeshooter and barney like this.
  10. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    I'm guessing Virginia will now become ground zero for the gun rights war...look at the election map, only about 20% of the state geographically voted democrat.

drakeshooter and barney like this.
  11. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    If they’re shocked they are bigger idiots than their voting suggests. How can ANYONE ever vote demonrat, let alone gun owners and/or hunters. I’ll never understand it. Serious question What kind of person would actually vote for and support a party or candidate whom they say won’t do what they say they want to do? That’s just plain asinine but yet they are right here among us. Geez!

12. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
  13. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Who cares? Like Massachusetts, there will be universal non-compliance, and 90% of the LEO’s statewide will ignore the enforcement.

drakeshooter likes this.
  14. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Yep. They get what they deserve. I don’t give a damn what they do on Virginia

drakeshooter likes this.