Gotcha!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kipdynamite, Oct 2, 2008.

1. kipdynamite

kipdynamite 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2005
    Lexington
    This is to the tresspasers on Brush Creek Rd in Casey Co...Thank you for the 3 treestands you kindly donated...one of them is really nice!! I will enjoy them....on another farm!!:D

2. lexfd

lexfd 6 pointer

Aug 27, 2008
    At peace in a tree
    You rock!!!! My new hero

3. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    would u like to donate one

4. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    You might want to look into the laws before you post something like this on the internet. I don't know the laws I am just saying you might have messed up. IDK I would check with an authority figure if I was you just to be on the safe side.

5. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    I dont think he did anything wrong. If it was your place -what would you do?

6. Luckybuck

Luckybuck 10 pointer

May 29, 2006
    N. KY
    You could jbweld them together and have some pretty artwork in a tree somewhere...

7. ky_bull

ky_bull 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2005
    Washington County
    Im surprised anyone would leave anything in that area very long. Ive hunted in that part of Casey Co and Im pretty sure they have to pump sunlight into some areas.

8. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    It doesn't matter what you think or what I think. I just wouldn't want anyone to get into trouble is why I told him to check the laws. Having been in that situation I always left a note on the tree stands stating you have 7 days to remove this stand if you do not I will take it and leave in its place my phone #. They have always been removed within 7 days.

9. Budnapp

Budnapp 6 pointer

Jun 14, 2008
    Murray Kentucky

Now that's what I'm talkin about. You rock!!!!

10. Fred in Ky

Fred in Ky Spike

Jan 19, 2003
    Bryantsville, KY

You have GOT to be kidding me!! Some sob has the nerve to come onto my property without asking and I should be nice and "ask" them to take the stands off my land??? Not this ol' boy. They should be thankful at night that I didn't catch them. I have and I will take stands, steps, ladders, blinds and if need be some hide. I have no room for that type of person. 9 times out of 10 I would help someone find a place or take them hunting, if they ask. But if they just take it up on themselves to trespass, I'll take it up on myself to consider the "trash" they left behind mine.

11. Haves

Haves 8 pointer

Feb 17, 2007
    Union ky
    > Lifts beer and cheers to Fred:)<

12. finelydeerhunting

finelydeerhunting 8 pointer

Nov 7, 2006
    Finley, KY
    I had a neighbor, trespassed, we took his stand down. He came complaining that some SOB stole his stand. We told him that some SOB was hunting on us without permission. LOL

I can understand if it is someone new to the area that wasn't sure the lay of the land, but someone that KNOWS the land and still does it, that is just beyond arrogant.

I have been in the wrong before, I was over a line one time on land that I thought was on our lease (topo map with boundary line showed it on our lease). I was a total fool, and that land owner made me feel it, as well as he should have. I politely got him to show me the boundary line and I have not been on his property in 3 years.

Maybe the stands you got were from people that didn't read the boundary line right?

13. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    Nope not kidding you. You handle your business the way you feel like you need to. I am not your daddy or your preacher or you LEO officer. I just said how I handled the situation because I was asked "WHAT WOULD YOU DO". Since I had been in the situation before it was easy for me to recall how I handled it.
    I wouldn't ever want anyone that frequents this site to get into trouble that is why I told him to check the laws. I don't know if there is a law against it or not and don't really care that he took the stands. Just trying to look out for a fellow member nothing more nothing less.

14. possesion is 9 tenths

15. DearDoctor

DearDoctor 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2007
    Newburgh, IN
    People make mistakes. I once leased some land and the first year found a stand that wasn't mine. I put a note on the stand with the land owners phone number. He got a call the next week from an old friend who he had given permission several years earlier and had forgotten about. Honest mistake.

On the other hand. If it is obvious that the stands don't belong. Take em down and happy hunting.