Got my deer of a lifetime! Marshall county whopper!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by mchunter, Nov 12, 2014.

1. mchunter

mchunter 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2005
    Marshall County, Kentucky
    I have been getting pics of this deer for the last couple of years. I was a little late getting my camera out this year, but when I finally did, I couldn't believe how much he had grown. It actually took me a little while to realize it was the same deer. I saw him and his running buddy once bow hunting in late September, but they came out right at dark and never came closer than 100 yards. I never had a single daylight picture of him. The farmer cut the beans on the property I hunt about a month ago and these two deer disappeared. Actually, deer sightings period went to nearly nothing. For the last month, I've only been getting pics of a few does and a couple of small bucks. Then, two weeks ago, I found out a guy about a mile from where I hunt was getting pics of him. So I really thought I had missed my chance at this deer. I hunted a total of about 18 hours opening weekend and only saw 3 deer, so needless to say, I was getting pretty bummed out. Well I caught a break yesterday when my boss told me I could leave a little early if I was planning on hunting. I had all my gear with me so I made a mad dash to the blind.Where I'm set up for gun hunting, I can access the blind pretty quick and easy. I've actually even slipped into the blind with deer already in the field in years past. Well, I got settled in about 10 after four and was really expecting another dry run but it was just too good a day not to give it a shot, with the dropping temps and light rain. Then at about 4:45 I saw a deer about 200 yards out walking straight towards me. I put the scope on him and knew instantly it was him! When he turned broadside at about 100 yards and started towards my bow stand, the nerves really kicked in. I nearly lost it! I finally settled the crosshairs and dropped him in his tracks. It wasn't until a couple hours later, when I got him to my buddy's barn, that I realized just how big he was. One of my neighbors came down and put a tape to him (3 times actually lol) and came up with 203 1/2 gross with a 163 typical 8 pnt frame and 22 scorable points. This is the deer I've hunted 30 years for and I couldn't be happier.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Congratulatios on that wapiti buddy. Good grief!!!!!!

3. jmason98

jmason98 Spike

Jul 7, 2008
    Morehead,KY
    Wow that's a great deer. Congrats.

4. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Man... that is a deer of a lifetime right there....all those stickers.

Congratulations.... well deserved.

5. OldEarnhardtFan

OldEarnhardtFan 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2014
    Northeast of Berea
    Way to go......beautiful wall-hanger!

6. hardtimes

hardtimes 6 pointer

Jul 10, 2008
    Mt. Washington
  7. waiting on 8

waiting on 8 8 pointer

Oct 13, 2011
    Pulaski Co.
    Good Lord that's a brute! Awesome. Congrats to you!

8. Jpierce1

Jpierce1 6 pointer

Oct 16, 2011
    Paducah Ky
    Too bad there's "not enough cover in western ky for deer to get big..." Or something like that. Great deer

9. wolverine1

wolverine1 12 pointer

Oct 19, 2004
    breckinridge county
    What an awesome deer!!!! Great deer and story!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    That is a stud! Way to get it done. You owe your boss one!

11. nateb440

nateb440 8 pointer

Nov 8, 2011
    awesome deer. Congrats on a real brute!

12. Yettislayer

Yettislayer Spike

May 17, 2013
    Central KY
    That is an absolute beast! Congratulations!

13. kison

kison BBBC Members

Sep 27, 2002
    Nicholasville
    That's awesome. Congrats.

14. inchr48

inchr48 10 pointer

May 14, 2013
    NW Indiana
    What a magnificent trophy! Nice shooting. My legs would have been shaking like a coon dog passing a peach pit ..................

15. tmayn031

tmayn031 6 pointer

Nov 15, 2004
    nky
    Deer of a lifetime no doubt!! Congrats on an absolute stud!