Got my census filled out---

Docknboatlift

8 pointer
Mar 24, 2004
Louisville
Jeez fellers....if you have a driver's license they took more than that from you. Gave almost that just to sign yourselves up here for the hunting forums.

Has anyone ever actually been pinched for refusing the census? I mean hell....they send out a census taker and they scratch down on their little sheet "one irrational, middle-aged, overweight, bald, redfaced, european american, male, with two screamin rugrats" and it's all over.

killinmammals

12 pointer
Nov 6, 2005
In a VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
well, I guess if you don't like the government giving your area money for roads and improvements, improvments and money for schools, information for new business' to move into your area and such, grants for various services...I guess you would hate the census. I don't give personal information, but being that I have worked with census date quite a bit, I understand the need for certain information.

mossyhorns

Cyber-Hunter
Dec 10, 2001
Murray, Kentucky, USA.
I did the same thing as mrdux on the censeless they sent to my house. When Gen. Sherman burned and pillaged his way from Atlanta to Savanna, he commandeered the census records and knew where every citizen, horse, and mule resided along the way.

Heck, I figure I'll be fined more for sticking a shotgun barrel to some censeless taker's nose than for failure to complete the government rap sheet.

BurleyDog

10 pointer
Jul 4, 2007
So MrDux did you fill out your census when Reagan was in office?

Do you accurately report how many birds you kill every year or is that govt intrusion too?

As a side though I will say its good that you all (especially MrDux) tells the politicians what you think. I do too and I figure its got to have some impact. At least that way when they do something we don't like they know it.

yote hunter

12 pointer
Oct 30, 2004
bullitt county
what i am mad mad about the census is that i have worked as a contractor at the census office and you would not believe the wasted money.you could cut the work force in half and make the other half actually work and there would be no change in output.i have never worked anywhere where obesity is the norm.hell it looked like pictures from one of the wing dings.:D

usmcvet06

6 pointer
Sep 20, 2006
Central KY
I like how it said question 1. How many people live at this address? 2. How many people live at this address that you didn't count for question 1? Well i just scratched my head on that one. LOL well I guess if you live in the house across the street from me it would be 12 to 15 depending on the week.

killinmammals

12 pointer
Nov 6, 2005
In a VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
Yes there is plenty of waste in the Census Bureau...its a government run program what do people expect. Race has nothing to do with school or road funding...you obviously don't understand why certain data is collected, but thats ok. It does serve a purpose, and I don't believe I should share certain personal information just like everyone else.

I just find it odd how paranoid people are about the smallest things

Colorado_Hunter

10 pointer
Nov 30, 2007
Radcliff, Kentucky
You would think with all the taxes they grab from me that they would know who lives at the address that the form(s) was sent to.

"To Resident at" was not cool in my book. If they don't know who lives at my address, neither do I. Apparently the dog didn't like that either, he grabbed the letter out of my hand and shredded it to bits before I could stop him.

I will wait patiently for the walkers from the Census Bureau to come knocking, so I can answer their questions.

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
Yes there is plenty of waste in the Census Bureau...its a government run program what do people expect. Race has nothing to do with school or road funding...you obviously don't understand why certain data is collected, but thats ok. It does serve a purpose, and I don't believe I should share certain personal information just like everyone else.

I just find it odd how paranoid people are about the smallest things

Why is that information collected? I would like to be enlightened.

Colorado_Hunter

10 pointer
Nov 30, 2007
Radcliff, Kentucky
Are you certain that is all that is required to answer? If so, thanks for the heads up.

According to Census Bureau, (refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers) of the United States Code, persons who fail or refuse to respond to the mail-back census form, or refuse to respond to a follow-up census taker can be fined up to $100.

It appears the worst that can happen is you can get fined up to $100, or maybe even an audit from the IRS. :D

Last edited: