Got my census filled out---

M

mrdux

it took 2 seconds to fill in how many live in my house then seal it up. That's all we are legally bound to tell them and that's all they got from me. I just wish they would send a couple of goons from ACORN over to ask some questions.

Buck_Nasty

12 pointer
Sep 23, 2009
Laurel County
We all should put a letter in with the census and ask them where in the Constitution it says I am required to give them private information. No one's business how much money I or my wife make a year or how many cars I own. I'm going to answer what I feel they need to know and that's it.

Wildcat

12 pointer
Jan 7, 2002
Ledbetter, Ky.
Are you certain that is all that is required to answer? If so, thanks for the heads up.

Sorry but No. Each of the 10 questions on the census form are mandatory and required by law. It' says so on the govt web site. Several laws was passed by Congress that added to the questions.

I don't like it but I also don't want to give out some wrong info that could get others in trouble. If people don't want to do it that is their business.

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/about/whole.php

C.L.Button

12 pointer
Jan 27, 2005
Derby City Jungle
As far as I know this info is current. :)

Census Law and Fines

The following section of the United States Code requires that people fill out their U.S. Census forms and provides a $100 penalty for not answering the Census and up to $500 for giving false information.
13 USC Sec. 221

TITLE 13 - CENSUS
CHAPTER 7 - OFFENSES AND PENALTIES

SUBCHAPTER II - OTHER PERSONS

Sec. 221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

M

mrdux

They got all they are going to get from me. The whole bunch can kiss my ***!!

Our Constitution is still the law of the land and all it says the government has the right to ask us is how many people live in my house. They may come to my door and demand that I answer their questions but they will be given ONE warning to get off my property. This may be my own one-man war but if somebody doesn't stand up to these maggots, we will all be devoured. I won't go without a fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
Thanks for the link MRDUX. thanks too, CL and Wildcat. I'm starting to feel a little clostrophobic with all the Govt intrusion. Nice to see where we stand.

Last edited:

Buck_Nasty

12 pointer
Sep 23, 2009
Laurel County
They got all they are going to get from me. The whole bunch can kiss my ***!!

Our Constitution is still the law of the land and all it says the government has the right to ask us is how many people live in my house. They may come to my door and demand that I answer their questions but they will be given ONE warning to get off my property. This may be my own one-man war but if somebody doesn't stand up to these maggots, we will all be devoured. I won't go without a fight.

There is an old saying that states I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees. That's the way I see it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

HUNTZVT

12 pointer
Nov 2, 2009
Exiled to West Virginia
I don't know which census form the rest of you received, but the one I got asked how many live in the home, whether you own or rent, and the name, race, and birthday of each person. It didn't ask for anything regarding income, how many cars/guns/boats/four-wheelers ect. you owned.

After watching that video the first time it was posted, I was prepared to give only the bare minimum and nothing that I would consider private information, but the truth is, the only question that asked for any private info asked that you give a phone number.

If all you anti-government types really want to do something constructive, stop bi---ing about something as trivial as the census and write your representatives a letter telling them not to cave in to Obama and Pelosi's pressure to pass health care reform.

M

mrdux

If all you anti-government types really want to do something constructive, stop bi---ing about something as trivial as the census and write your representatives a letter telling them not to cave in to Obama and Pelosi's pressure to pass health care reform.

I've worn the keys out on my computer and phone calling and e-mailing since WAY before Maobama was ever elected. I started this when they started talking about immigration reform under Bush. The bottom line is this; neither party gives a crap about us peon voters and their quest is all about power and redistributing wealth for those maggots who won't get off their lazy butts to support themselves but ALWAYS show up at ballot box to vote themselves some more goodies. The government gets too much of our personal info without us willingly giving it up. If that makes me anti-government, I proudly tip my tin-foil hat and plead guilty as charged!! Not Anti-American---Anti-government!! The day will come that your type will thank my type for standing up for our Constitution while you were sniveling on your knees before the communists.

Xi Bowhunter

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2002
Goetz Farm
I don't know which census form the rest of you received, but the one I got asked how many live in the home, whether you own or rent, and the name, race, and birthday of each person. It didn't ask for anything regarding income, how many cars/guns/boats/four-wheelers ect. you owned.

After watching that video the first time it was posted, I was prepared to give only the bare minimum and nothing that I would consider private information, but the truth is, the only question that asked for any private info asked that you give a phone number.

This was EXACTLY what I was going to post.

They didn't ask ANYTHING in the census except what you stated above. I don't know what some of you guys are even trying to complain about?:confused:

I filled mine in last night and put it in the mail. I didn't see any ominous Government figures watching me with binoculars or black helicopters or anything. I must not have got the same census as some of you that they MUST be watching more closely:rolleyes:

HUNTZVT

12 pointer
Nov 2, 2009
Exiled to West Virginia
The day will come that your type will thank my type for standing up for our Constitution while you were sniveling on your knees before the communists.

I've personally written letters, helped draft letters from our AMSA chapter, pretty much did everything a lowly student with limited income can do to fight this administration. You're right, it's all about power and money, so the best "my type" can hope for right now is to finish medical school and maybe one day- though highly unlikely- be in a position to exert a little more influence.

In the mean time, "my type" wishes to thank your type for standing up and beating your chest on the hunting forum about not providing your name or race on the census. You are a true patriot. Maybe they'll rename the Western Ky Parkway in your honor.