Got my 2013 Mounts Back!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by predator, Apr 23, 2014.

1. predator

predator 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2006
    Leitchfield, Ky.
    So the first one was killed on September 8th as my first bow kill and I was ticked pink to have harvested this guy being it was my first buck with a bow. Scored 131 1/2

[​IMG]

The second one came after I had purchased a bonus tag at a charity auction before the season began. Which is a story in-itself!

I had been getting pictures of 5-6 shooter bucks on several different farms and knowing that I had never killed a buck with a bow it would be hard for me to pass a 130" deer after I seen this tag come up for auction on Ebay. I'm not an "ebay wise" individual but I have a buddy that loves it, so I told him the max I would pay for the tag and lucky me I won the bid. So long story short I harvest these two bucks, and check them in as anybody else would. A few months pass and the local Game Warden shows up to my house while my wife is home and I'm still at my office, after a few minutes of harassing her and basically telling her she's a liar they proceed to my office. So I set and wait with my documentation to show them what was going on. They had never heard of a "bonus buck" tag being issued, after an hour I finally had them convinced it was legit. You would think Frankfort would inform them of bonus tags being issued but I suppose that would be to easy! So if any of you guys get lucky enough to get the tag next year...buyer beware!!!! The second one scored out at 152 1/2. Thank god I was fortunate enough to harvest two great animals in the same year! Hopefully next year brings one a few inches bigger!!

[​IMG]

Here they both are side by side. Thanks Custom Wildlife Mounts out of Leitchfield for doing a get job and getting them back in a timely manner!

[​IMG]

2. OldEarnhardtFan

OldEarnhardtFan 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2014
    Northeast of Berea
    I'd consider myself fortunate just to see one of these deer in the woods.....yeah, I'm jealous but at least I admit it!

3. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    Nice season. I was wondering how much the bonus tag cost, but after seeing the crown molding in that room I can tell it cost wasn't a factor. WOW!
    Sometimes waiting a bit longer for a mount is worth it.
    I like that tobacco shadow box. Never seen that before.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  4. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    He has inside connections on the crown molding. :) congrats again on a great season

5. Great mounts,great season.Game wardens ain't they great.When you need them you can not get them for weeks.When you don't need them they worry honest people to death.Go figure they pick and choose.

6. BP1992

BP1992 Banned

Dec 31, 2010
    Good looking bucks!

7. FowlmooD

FowlmooD 6 pointer

Aug 12, 2013
    2 piece crown = big bucks?
    Give it a break!!
    Great lookin bucks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Georgia Transplant