Got mad while scouting

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Snareman2, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    I would contact the local Conservation Officer, that is not a legal agricultural practice. Your buddy will be hunting a baited area.:mad:

2. Was scouting the farm this morning, listening to birds sounding off. Was glassing two toms and numerous hens two farms over. Saw a pop-up on the same ridge, I know the guy hunting there. Saw the farmer with a roll bale on his tractor coming out to feed his cattle. Thou legal but beyond ethics he gets off the tractor and spreads grain out around the blind. After he left the turkeys came back and started going through the corn. Kind of ruined my morning.:mad:

3. stratos907

stratos907 6 pointer

Feb 28, 2009
    muhlenburg county
    Yea...nothing legal 'bout that....

4. tippy

tippy Fawn

Dec 13, 2006
    calloway co
    ok here we go.
    •Take a turkey by the aid of baiting, hunt on a baited area while bait is present, or hunt on a baited area for 30 days after all bait has been removed. (A baited area is any place where feed, grains or other substances capable of luring wild turkeys have been placed.) Turkeys can’t be hunted over any private land area baited for deer. An area where grains or other feeds exist as the result of legitimate agricultural practices, or as the result of growing or manipulating a crop for wildlife management is legal for hunting. Now if the farmer is feeding cattle, (as I took it,) That would make it completely legal as a "legitimate ag practice" but I'm not saying that it makes it right. I personally hope a CO does get to investigate this matter a lot further.