Got lucky

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Hadn't seen anything in stock in a little while. Was tied up yesterday knowing they got a truck in and had to wait till this morning. I missed about everything I been looking for but did find the last 3 boxes of these View attachment 99955
Awesome. I finally got my hands on some 2 3/4” #5 Nitro Turkey at Walmart. I made two trips, that oughta have my old gun in shells a while. It patterns 4’s and 5’s the same but the 5’svwere just a little more dense at 40yds.

Why the 2 3/4 cost $1.5 more than the 3” and 3.5” I’ll never know.

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
Walmart here in Norton VA has a little of everything this morning. Guy in front of me got last 3 boxes of 410s but I did manage to grab 2 boxes of 30-30
FB_IMG_1651841310350.jpg

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
Walmart had several different calibers of rifle today. Had 243, 30-30, 30-06, and a few others. Anywhere between $39 and $46 a box so I passed on those but picked up a few more 12 gauge 4 shot
FB_IMG_1657288401894.jpg

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
These things been about as hard for me to find as 3inch 410 shells. Seems Walmart been getting a little more and more here lately. Price has gone up like everything else but they are keeping ammo in stock. Couldn't believe I found these today though
FB_IMG_1658070576144.jpg

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
Wish our Walmart would get some .410-3" shells in before Squirrel Season. I haven't seen one box of .410s there since December of 2020.
I haven't seen nine in quite a while. They go fast as they hit the shelf. With school out for the summer I'm also not in there like I was just because I ain't out already. I could be missing a bunch of good stuff

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
A small part of me dies everytime my daughter shoots a squirrel with a 3” #5 load. I have a few but it seems like when these are gone, they are gone.
At this point in time, I am debating on whether to use my .410 for Squirrel Hunting this year or just use my CZ 452. I am still puzzled as to why there is such a shortage of .410 shells. Our local Walmart has 12 & 20 gauges, along with a few boxes of 16 & 28 gauge shells, but like I said, I haven't seen one box of .410-3" or any type .410 shells since Christmas time 2020! What makes matters worse is Walmart is our only store that carries hunting or sporting goods, in my area, as we have no regular Sporting Goods stores.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
At this point in time, I am debating on whether to use my .410 for Squirrel Hunting this year or just use my CZ 452. I am still puzzled as to why there is such a shortage of .410 shells. Our local Walmart has 12 & 20 gauges, along with a few boxes of 16 & 28 gauge shells, but like I said, I haven't seen one box of .410-3" or any type .410 shells since Christmas time 2020! What makes matters worse is Walmart is our only store that carries hunting or sporting goods, in my area, as we have no regular Sporting Goods stores.

I was in Georgetown Walmart yesterday and they had one box of 410 for $18

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
I was in Georgetown Walmart yesterday and they had one box of 410 for $18
It just doesn't make sense as to why there is a lack of .410 shells like there use to be. Before 2020 I would see all kinds of both 3" & 2 1/2" .410 shells in stores that sold ammunition, but I am now wondering if something political is at foot?? You would think that since 12 & 20 are the most popular, look like these would be in short supply. I was at our Walmart this morning and went back to the sporting goods counter but no one was there attending the counter. I was going to ask when they are expecting a shipment of .410-3" ammo.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Been hoarding 12 and 20 ga all yr not going to be short anymore, 12 have been pretty easy to find but 20 can be tough, I want another 500 rounds of 20ga and I will be happy.
Been getting enough reloading supplys to last for my rifles also.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
It just doesn't make sense as to why there is a lack of .410 shells like there use to be. Before 2020 I would see all kinds of both 3" & 2 1/2" .410 shells in stores that sold ammunition, but I am now wondering if something political is at foot?? You would think that since 12 & 20 are the most popular, look like these would be in short supply. I was at our Walmart this morning and went back to the sporting goods counter but no one was there attending the counter. I was going to ask when they are expecting a shipment of .410-3" ammo.

I understand your point and will respond with this, It’s quite possible that the 410 cartridge is not that popular anymore. Saturday and Sunday I noticed my local Cynthiana Walmart and close by Georgetown Walmart currently have Dozens of 100 round Cases of 12 on the shelf, However they only had very few 25 round boxes of 20 gauge. I would just have to guess with the anticipation of Dove season they are just stocking what they feel will sell quickly. I might also think that after all of the gun violence bullsht that has been going on corporate Walmart probably prefers the sporting goods shelves to have less ammo in them rather than stocked full in event of some type of riot situation Making priority to only stock the most common calibers in low quantities. I’m probably 100% wrong that’s just my feelings

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
I understand your point and will respond with this, It’s quite possible that the 410 cartridge is not that popular anymore. Saturday and Sunday I noticed my local Cynthiana Walmart and close by Georgetown Walmart currently have Dozens of 100 round Cases of 12 on the shelf, However they only had very few 25 round boxes of 20 gauge. I would just have to guess with the anticipation of Dove season they are just stocking what they feel will sell quickly. I might also think that after all of the gun violence bullsht that has been going on corporate Walmart probably prefers the sporting goods shelves to have less ammo in them rather than stocked full in event of some type of riot situation Making priority to only stock the most common calibers in low quantities. I’m probably 100% wrong that’s just my feelings
With all the varieties of shotguns out there chambered for the .410-3", can't really seeing it losing popularity. Henry Arms, and a host of other shotgun manufactures have single shot, double barrel, semi-auto, lever actions, and pump shotguns all chambering the .410. The .410 is very much still active as other forum, beside this one, have several members asking the same questions as I, as to where all the .410 ammunition has gone, and why the shortage while 12 & 20 gauges are readily available.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
The person in charge of the sporting good dept in Walmart can make or break your store, cynthiana gets the 4 pack of shotgun shells and has a 3 box limit while the one in Alexandria never gets the 4 pack and sells only 3 single boxes.
I was there yesterday and the cabinet was full of all kinds of ammo.
I never looked to see if they had 410 as I don't own one!
But I hear Dryridge has been having alot of the 4 packs of 12 and 20, a buddy of mine knows the lady that runs that one and they even have alittle reloading stuff from time to time.
Her brothers hunt alot and she knows what to buy, most of the ones who run those department's either don't know or don't care because they don't hunt or believe in guns.