Got a problem.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kyboydbowhunter, Nov 10, 2019 at 9:02 AM.

1. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    I had some people putting up stands without permission on my buddies property. They were hunting in there at least twice a week for the last month. Then my buddy asked them to remove there stuff and cease hunting or he turn them in. They said they would and showed up Friday to hunt with there rifle in orange with no shame. So yesterday they fell off there stand because my buddy cut the straps on the ladder stand and they broke there arm. A mild break no bone poking out. So here is where we are at today: they came out today and are threatening to sue unless he lets them hunt, kill with no limit, and REPAIR AND REPLACE HIS SCOPE that broke when he fell.
    Should he let him hunt or what the hell should he do?

2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    I'd get a lawyer, not going to end well IMO. Now that u posted he intentionally cut their straps......

3. RackedUP

RackedUP 8 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    Your buddy would be smart to never acknowledge cutting their straps, especially in writing or text. I’d tell them to kick rocks.

childersb24 and DH13 like this.
  4. HappyHunter

HappyHunter 8 pointer

Sep 11, 2003
    Louisville
    I would not discuss it on a public forum. Call an attorney

Recurve77, hotdog, mac0492 and 2 others like this.
  5. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    FIRST GET A GOOD LAWYER. Second lesson learned. Don't cut straps. YOU CUT UP THE STANDS so they cant use them..
    This will not go well for your buddy. BUT they would not hunt the place. 9 times out of 10. They will hunt then sue anyway.

riverboss, RackedUP and Trophyspike like this.
  6. Southpaw

Southpaw 10 pointer

Oct 2, 2005
    Northern Ky
    Deny deny deny and run their ass off

7. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    No one has evidence of the straps the stand and accessories to it have been discarded.

8. Trophyspike

Trophyspike Fawn

Feb 24, 2015
    Cave City
    Do not let them hunt on that property!!!
    If he does, he has admitted guilt and has agreed for them to have permission, then after the season is over, they will sue anyways. Lawyer up NOW... what your buddy does with hunting equipment on his land is his business. For all I know is he thought that those stands where his, and he was in the process of taking them down. If they dont have written permission, then he has a good fighting chance, but do fight this...

rlb165 and DH13 like this.
  9. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Cant deny now. It is posted on here.

10. Trophyspike

Trophyspike Fawn

Feb 24, 2015
    Cave City
    This above statement.
    This will not end well if he plays nice.
    Next time he removes HIS hunting equipment from his property, do it completely, so that trespassers do not injure themselves while breaking the law.

Southpaw and DH13 like this.
  11. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Best thing to do. IS SHUT UP AND QUIT BROADCASTING IT ON HERE!!!! You aint helping the cause right now.

mac0492 and Southpaw like this.
  12. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    He can delete the thread himself. Don't need a mod.

13. if you let them hunt,you are saying you are guilty,hell no i would not let them hunt,deny everything,should have whipped there ass,they would got worse ,then the nerve to neogotiate,no hunting no guilt

carnivore likes this.