Got a Feeling Trump Is Going To Be A One Term President.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by davers, Dec 10, 2018.

1. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    I don’t understand 401k and how all this works. Just never understood it or where to put my money at. Guess I should understand but I don’t. But yes I’ve been loosing to. I keep a check on it every couple weeks and last couple months my balance has went down $10,000. But whatever. People say I’ll gain it back so guess I’ll see.

2. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    It is a good time to be buying, when it dips down, its on sale.

The Feds and the Swamp are trying everything they can to make the market fluctuate.

3. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    I'm 55 so I dont look at mine, over time it'll either work out or it wont, neither of us have much say in it.

4. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Yes!! This is going to hurt a lot of citizens, especially retired folks depending on: a Pension, IRAs or their 401Ks. I hope the Democrats & the Federal Reserve realize this fact. Those who have monthly/yearly expenses like: home mortgage, car payments, medical expenses, home owner insurance, and kids in college, and living "pay check to pay check"; are going to have a very tough time, unless things change. Thus, everyone should strive to have money, in a money market account, for emergencies only. I can't for the life of me, figure out why these same troublemaker Democrats keep getting elected!!! Just doesn't make any sense.

5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Follow the big money. Both party's are to blame.

bigbonner and davers like this.
  6. JonDunn

JonDunn 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2005
    Up the holler
    I'm not sure who to believe is to blame.

7. I know this, if you’re more than 10 years from retirement you probably shouldn’t be watching the market daily lol, unless you like slowly killing yourself in the process. It’s a marathon not a sprint.

barney and EdLongshanks like this.
  8. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I am retired. However, I have "zero" debts and no kids. Own my home and property so no mortgage. I have an Traditional IRA, Variable Annuity, Money Market Account, Checking account, & non-retirement stock. There are a lot of folks that have none of these or they are not funding them.

drakeshooter likes this.
  9. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Lot of different types of risk at work right now. Thing that gets me is if all the Federal Reserve is going to do is watch a computer model then they should all be fired and when the computer says rates are going up some kid that watches that computer puts out an email. Hell a dog with a note can do that. Done, don't need no Chairman to do that! The other thing really pisses me off is that EVIDENTLY the FED has determined that 4% is the maximum growth our country will be allowed to achieve. 2-3% for decades was fine...3.5%for 12 months AND Whao Doggies! That is BS!

barney likes this.
  10. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I think the stock markets are being manipulated probably by those associated with the "Deep State". This is their attempt to make President Trump look bad in the eyes of the voters.

11. Teach Deer

Teach Deer 6 pointer

Aug 4, 2013
    Georgetown
    Do not forget the UK...Prime Minister Teresa May barely survived a "no-confidence" vote a week or so ago...while only tangentially related to economics (the economic ties of the Britexit) she is still another European leader that is bowing out...

One problem with Europe is whether or not those countries can be fully self-sustaining...they will have to have trade deals to balance their weaknesses...

barney likes this.
  12. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    And just like that...Trump speaks and the market soars over 1,000 points...a record for one day, CNN call its a miracle. There is no reason for the market to fall like it has other than the anti-Trump political hype by the media....record employment, cheap energy, rising wages, record Christmas spending and travel..on and on. Trump did say that the market would crash if the democrats took control of the house..I'm thinking maybe he was right.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/26/investing/stock-market-today/index.html

barney likes this.
  13. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    And oil jumped close to $4/bbl. thank the good lord above

14. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Like you and just about everyone else, I was certainly surprised to see the Dow up over 1,000 points with the other markets advancing too. However, I can't help wondering, this morning at 5:08 am, if we'll just see it "sell-off" today, as this has been the case in the past three months, wide swings in the markets. But we'll just have to wait and see.

15. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Everything is STRONG, the selloff was media induced.

TripleGee, Regulator623 and bondhu like this.