Got 6 this Morning!

BG33

6 pointer
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester, Kentucky
Got six rabbits this morning. Just thought I'd share it with you. Had a good hunt and a good time with the hunting partners. Nothing like a day out with the dogs.

Attachments

• CIMG1863.JPG
    CIMG1863.JPG
    881.8 KB · Views: 350

wkyoutdoorsman

10 pointer
Jan 13, 2009
Trying to slow down this train
That's good to see BG33, congrats on a good morning! I've noticed over the last two years or so, the numbers of rabbits, seem to be slowly on the rise here in far Western Kentucky. There's not much of anything I'd rather see and hear than the dogs on the chase of a rabbit! Sweet music to my ears! :D

Ky_buckhunter

6 pointer
Sep 2, 2007
Nice, we got 6 also on thanksgiving morning.
Is that one of those racks the slides into the receiver hitch? I have one for my jeep and have been thinking about haveing someone make me a dog box that sits down in it perfect so i dont have to use the big pet taxis. Nice looking set up!

N2MyWake

10 pointer
Nov 26, 2003
Kentucky, USA.
Loving this. we're getting ready to get out and give it a go this weekend. My buddy's been running his dogs alot so they should be ready. This pic really gets me fired up.

BG33

6 pointer
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester, Kentucky
I think its just now getting right for rabbits. Big frost this morning, to bad I had to go to work. Just wondering, do you guys have a lot of places to hunt or is it hard to find a good place to go? I'm curious, thats the only problem I have. Just don't have a lot of places to hunt.

nhudson

6 pointer
Dec 21, 2008
lawrenceburg,ky
i hunt some in west ky where i grew up,lose places year to year.farms get sold,cleaned up etc.rabitt populations have went up and down wildly the last few years.storm damage will make it tough this year.

N2MyWake

10 pointer
Nov 26, 2003
Kentucky, USA.
I think its just now getting right for rabbits. Big frost this morning, to bad I had to go to work. Just wondering, do you guys have a lot of places to hunt or is it hard to find a good place to go? I'm curious, thats the only problem I have. Just don't have a lot of places to hunt.

I live in Frankfort and so far we only have a few fair places to hunt around here. We spend alot of time hitting public ground around the state. Some of those days are pretty slow, some are suprisingly good. I have a few West KY honey holes too though. We hit one farm last year and killed 8-10 the first hunt and a few weeks later 22 in one hunt... It will remain a secret place...lol

N2MyWake

10 pointer
Nov 26, 2003
Kentucky, USA.
I'm not sure which is best. we've hunted and picked up a few at wma's around ffort, and hit peabody and some east ky spots too. We've had mixed results at all of them depending on the day and the amount of other hunters there on any given day.

BG33

6 pointer
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester, Kentucky
Yeah, we've got one place here (clay county) that a lot of people hunt. Its not bad, its just ran to death. Rabbits go straight for the hole. A lot of people here can hunt every day of the week. They don't work so they just hunt all the time. They put a hurting on the rabbit population in a very short time.

Latest posts