Gorilla lives matter!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by EdLongshanks, Jun 1, 2016.

1. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    How has the cincy zoo "tragedy" not been discussed on this forum? I personally feel that the "gunman" owes the cincy zoo quite a bit of money. The shooter enjoyed a world class and successful safari hunt. I'd imagine harvesting a mature silverback escarpment gorilla comes with a hefty price tag. What do you think they did with the back straps and do you think pentail has a delicious recipe?

2. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    I liked all the tweet twits who were complaining the ape was killed because of "white privilege"...before the brain dead sect finally figured out it was a black kid who fell into the ape pit.

3. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I'm frankly sick and tired of hearing about it. In addition to the idiots, that weren't there, questioning the mother, there's the additional multitude of idiots screaming that "non-lethal" measure should have been taken instead.

Apparently, they were supposed to arm wrestle the 450lb silverback for the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
  5. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    What they should've done was throw the "mother" into the pit with the gorilla and then, while he was enjoying a cigarette after "having his way" with her, they could've rescued both of them.

That's assuming she wanted to leave. :p

6. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    I feel they did the right thing by shooting it. I don't think it would've ended well if they tried to dart it. Some of the comments online are crazy. Wonder how a "Save a kid...Shoot a gorilla" bumper sticker would go over?

7. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Once the gorilla got hold of the kid (no matter what his intentions were) and ignored commands to return to his cage (or whatever they call it), there wasn't any other choice but to put it down. No question in my mind. Way too dangerous of a situation to let it go on a second longer than it did.

As to the mom who was reportedly ignoring the kid while she took selfies.... that's a whole 'nother story! The news says that she & her ex-con baby daddy are being "investigated" & I hope that's true!

8. samjoe

samjoe 6 pointer

Oct 26, 2004
    fisherville ky
    My power 4 of blame regarding the dead gorilla in Cincinnati.
    #1-The zoo.
    You have acres of dangerous animals and your charging people money to see them. You already know people are stupid and MANY of these stupid people have children. Hellooo..make the gorilla enclosure IMPOSSIBLE to enter by ANYONE!!!EVER!!
    #2-The parents

I'm a parent. We've all heard how all parents lose kids in Kroger for a minute or two. It's probably happened to me. But the moment you lose track of your kid and he falls into the gorilla cage,and causes the death of a priceless beautiful animal. You fail as a parent. Sorry,you just do.
    #3-the kid
    What kind of kid just goes barreling off the side of a 12 foot cliff?With a gorilla at the bottom?Kids this age know danger,fire,fear of falling,the dark. Cmon kid.
    #4-The gorilla
    I know I know he's a gorilla. But if he had ran to the other side of the cage he would still be alive today. That is a fact. In his gorilla brain he wasn't capable of knowing the ramifications of his actions. It cost him his life. While minuscule ,the gorilla holds some culpability for simply being a wild animal. He ,by the way,is the victim in all this.

9. rackhanger

rackhanger 6 pointer

Jul 5, 2012
    N east,
    Have to second this.. What a shame though!

10. chadwimc

chadwimc 12 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    Earth
    The giraffe claims Harambe "...was just getting his life turned around when he was gunned down..."

11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Tragic. Only way it could've gone. If they tranqilize the gorilla could have hurt the kid with all of its actions before it goes under or all 400 lbs fall on a kid in 2-3 feet of water. The gorilla never grabbed the kid until everyone went crazy with the screaming and yelling. I think I read where this is the first accident or tragedy of this type in 38 years at the zoo. They should be commended if that's the case.

12. bowcrazy3

bowcrazy3 10 pointer

Aug 21, 2009
    [​IMG]

13. chris149

chris149 12 pointer

Jun 17, 2009
    KY
    I agree with ya besides #3 Not all kids know danger on everything. I have a 3 year old autism child and she has absolutely no fear of heights and probably would do the same. Who knows that child might have something like that cant blame the child. But the Zoo done what was right by putting it down.

14. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Kid probably thought he was seeing his father for the first time.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

15. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    OMG....cant believe you really went there. Some of us were probably thinking it, but I didnt expect someone to have the cajones to say it.