GOP on board with limited red flag law

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ojibwa62, Mar 11, 2019.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
  2. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    The GOP is no solution...they're part of the collusion of demise. Gear up.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  3. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    They’ll come after ,anybody that takes anti depressants,meds for anxiety,or anyone that ever had ,any kind of depression.Most all veterans,have had these kind of problems,people getting hurt and disabled.Most doctor visits include ,especially older people on Medicare are giving a questionnaire,about hurting yourself,not wanting to live, feeling worthless,not getting out and socializing,this sort of thing,I was asked to fill one out when I started ,pulmonary rehab.I guess they are afraid ,somebody is going to be a danger ,to some of the other patients.Anyway all that said,there’s a lot of people ,they’re going to come after.

barney likes this.
  4. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I don't like it any more than anybody else

BUT

Go back and think about what WE all posted after the school shootings. The left wanted to go after the guns and WE wanted to go after those responsible. WE also talked about how we wanted to keep the guns out of NUT JOBS hands and other crazy people. Remember Parkland??? Remember the police had been called to the guys house a couple dozen times and we all asked why didn't they take his guns then???? Remember???

Well this is a part of that, to try to get the guns away from the nut jobs. As much as I don't like it if we were serious about keeping the guns away from the nut jobs it's going to be like this.

5. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 8 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    Don't necessarily disagree, but there needs to be some sort of due process as opposed to losing your rights for up to a year based solely on a random persons assessment of you.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  6. Who decides who has crossed the “nut job” line and exactly where is that line? Shall not be infringed is straightforward and anything else is a guise to take your right away. That’s why the Amendment says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Having the entity the Amendment protects us from regulating the instrument of their demise is stupid, neuters the admendment and the Founders knew it.

barney, SmokeShow and EdLongshanks like this.
  7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Don't worry the NRA will protect you....Just send in more money.. :rolleyes:

8. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Another one bites the dust...Oh well LOL. Guess he is running scared for some reason.

9. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    I agree far to easy for this to be abused, all it takes it someone who does not like you to call the cops and tell them what a loose cannon you are and you end up stripped of your second amendment rights or worse end up like the guy in Maryland in the 2nd link I posted.

10. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    That was my first thought. 40 years ago the American Psychological Association and the American Psychiatric Association both indicated homosexuality was a mental illness and a social deviancy. Now it's just been 'magically' disregarded and assigned a "sign of courageous" behavior apparently. A wave of a magic wand is all you need and the sprinkling of political coercion.

Carl, Dark Cloud and drakeshooter like this.