goood day in the grouse woods

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by grousegunner, Jan 15, 2003.

1. grousegunner

grousegunner 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2002
    nicholasville, ky.
    finally had a day worth while. I hunted by myself today in jackson co. flushed 10 birds, bagged two. the best is that it was over a rookie dog & that was both her first & second grouse. HEY GROUSEGUY give me a call when you figure out a day off for sure.

2. Xtreme

Xtreme Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Grousegunner:.....that's what I am concerned about. "flushed 10 bagged two".....I now know where and how you all hunt. You all need some support[;)]

3. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    Sounds like a great day. Gunner if your interested in joining the KENTUCKY GROUSE HUNTERS ASSC. give me a call. The grouse issues will be coming up next month and we need all the good help we can get. Hunters that are not in this club needs all the help we can provide, so get your feet wet and tell all the good old boys you know they need to be in this club. We may have a hell of a fight ahead.

Dues are $12.00 a year. A few of our accomplishment, trapping program, cuttings for grouse habitat, forest biologist (to do inventories on our WMA's for future cuttings), habitat for rabbit, quail, turkey and deer. We also have club hunts and grouse dinners, along with field trials before and after grouse season. We work with our regional, district, and local biologist in any way possible. All our club hunts and trials are recreational based (for fun). We hope you and anyone you know will give us a try.

4. Gman

Gman Fawn

Jan 16, 2003
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Birdman</i>
    <br />Sounds like a great day. Gunner if your interested in joining the KENTUCKY GROUSE HUNTERS ASSC. give me a call. The grouse issues will be coming up next month and we need all the good help we can get. Hunters that are not in this club needs all the help we can provide, so get your feet wet and tell all the good old boys you know they need to be in this club. We may have a hell of a fight ahead.

Dues are $12.00 a year. A few of our accomplishment, trapping program, cuttings for grouse habitat, forest biologist (to do inventories on our WMA's for future cuttings), habitat for rabbit, quail, turkey and deer. We also have club hunts and grouse dinners, along with field trials before and after grouse season. We work with our regional, district, and local biologist in any way possible. All our club hunts and trials are recreational based (for fun). We hope you and anyone you know will give us a try.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

5. Gman

Gman Fawn

Jan 16, 2003
    What are some of the issues that we can expect to be confronting?

6. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    The grouse study ended the last day of Sept. 2002. It depends on what the dept. wants to do about shorting season, to what this club and other grouse hunters will do.

7. grousegunner

grousegunner 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2002
    nicholasville, ky.
    hey birdman, sounds like $12.00 well spent. give me a call when you have a minute to talk. 859-333-1122.

8. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    gunner I've tried to call several times but I can't get through. If you can call 606-789-7125 after 7pm.