Goodbye deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Bohannon, Mar 18, 2020.

1. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Sadly, he wouldn't be the first one, lol.

2. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Imagine how many deer are killed out of season for people to eat. Coranavirus isn't gonna change things. I bet every co has someone who poaches for the meat. If I was a betting man. Someone in ky has one hanging in there barn already

3. cedar ridge

cedar ridge 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2015
    South Central KY
    Anyone doing this should have been shot already.

Carl and bigbonner like this.
  4. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I Agree, but there is some who only take the back straps and leave the rest. I have always cleaned my game and used all of the meat that wasn't beyond use.

cedar ridge and Brody like this.
  5. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    First person that guts a deer this time of year and 3 baby’s come rolling out they will get a change of attitude lol, no reason to be killing anything, plenty of food available, sorry ass people doing sorry ass things

Lumen, wildcatfan, geschoss and 4 others like this.
  6. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I couldn't have said it any better, cedar creek. Same goes for Squirrels too.

cedar creek and cedar ridge like this.
  7. Duckwisperer

Duckwisperer Spike

Jan 11, 2020
    Arkansas
    I haven’t read all these post on this but this is totally ridiculous as of now. It’s not gonna reach that point.

timer and Capttrae like this.
  8. R.J.

R.J. Fawn

Apr 13, 2018
    Casey County
    I have been saying this for years- whitetail was all but extinct in KY because of over hunting in the settling of America, and they had plenty of habitat. Now 4-6 weeks and they would be gone.

9. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    I hope it don't happen. There is food and water and toilet paper

10. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Good time to live in a zone 1 co.

Lumen and barney like this.
  11. 1FowlHNTR

1FowlHNTR Spike

Jul 29, 2017
    Rowan County
    I've already got caught light on my 22. I'm not gonna target deer, and I'm not in Kentucky. I'm stuck in Texas. Hunting is legal at night and pigs are everywhere. Without throwing out a big sob story or woe is me, I'm just gonna say I'm VA 100% unemployable Disabled Veteran. Ed Longshanks knows a little bit about me... Anyway, I haven't hunted for 2 years because of eye surgeries due to an accident with a horse. I'm recovering now from my 4th eye surgery, and due to the severity, I MUST lay here, 30 days, 95% of the time the one day I WAS able to get to the store with a friend because I can't even lift a gallon of liquid. I went for water, potatoes, onions, beans, rice, etc. I had 12.00 to my name. I came out (VERY THANKFULLY) With 5# potatoes, and a pint of chicken broth! People like me truly are backed into a corner. I'm gonna to go on Corps of Engineers land, or ask permission... I'm NOT an outlaw....the way I see it though, as a last resort, I didn't spend 29 months of my life fucking and dodging bullets to let the rich exterminate the poor... I'm a SURVIVOR....

TripleGee, rcb216, jblack1 and 4 others like this.
  12. Campfire

Campfire 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2019
    Camp
    Honestly, I wish that IF it got that bad that the people who don’t hunt or have any clue about the outdoors would go and kill their own food. Unfortunately I believe they would set around waiting for the government to bring them food or money till the bitter end. All of us should take time everyday during this “crisis” to remember who taught us how to hunt, fish, survive. We are all very blessed to have had someone teach us and instill those things within us. I like everyone else take it for granted but I have been reflecting on it a lot lately. If your dad, granddad, grandmother, uncle, Or whomever mentored you is still alive really thank them. If their gone like my mentors just reflect on it and realize how important what they have done for you is especially in this world going forward.

13. skee

skee Fawn

Nov 9, 2004
    People talk about this with every emergency that comes up. If I need to I'll shoot some deer. The same people hunt two days a year and let 500 doe's walk without shooting a single one. I don't put too much stock in it. Besides, it would be much easier to shoot a cow than a deer and there's a little more meat to so if going rouge is their survival thought, they probably need to do a little more thinking.

Capttrae likes this.
  14. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    Who cares about the deer, wait until we start eating each other. And those homemade meat sauces and new flavors start coming out from the make shift village’s people has created. Yum

15. tmfoley68

tmfoley68 Fawn

Jun 18, 2012
    #1 its not going to come to that, my M.S. is Environmental Microbiology, I get CDC updates daily and many of my former peers are now epidemiologists, virologists, pharmacologists, etc etc we have been sharing promising research back and forth for weeks! The hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin combination is the real deal, it is working, they just need more in vivo trials before its "approved" for this use.

#2 Just because someone doesn't hunt, doesn't mean they don't know how!

Its been 25 years since I personally went hunting but until I got married and had kids myself. I hunted all the time with my Dad and Brothers my family had 1,600 acres in central Indiana when I was growing up. So even though I am a girl, and most people that know me would probably put me in the "don't hunt" category, if I had to, I could out hunt, out survive for that matter, most men I know. When you grow up on a working piece of land you learn things out of necessity, companion planting, canning, how to salt, smoke and dry meat, how to make and use a poultice if you roll an ankle on the back 50 and its swelling like crazy etc.

So I would not underestimate the rest of the population, particularly in this part of the country. Even my 11 yr old daughter has her hunting license and orange card and goes hunting, she is my only child that prefers to bow hunt, but shes very good got her 2nd turkey last fall when she was still just 10! Not to mention there are approx 1M Whitetail in KY and the most hunters have ever taken in a season is like 150-160K people that "REALLY" don't know "HOW" to hunt will only be going after "residential deer" because its all they are ever going to see!

timer likes this.