Good Taxidermist in No Ky ?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by taxidervin, Dec 4, 2002.

1. taxidervin

taxidervin Spike

Sep 20, 2002
    I am looking for a good taxidermist in the No Ky area. Any suggestions for a good deer mount, reasonable, plus someone that mounts bass very well, good paint job.
    Thanks,
    Dave [:)]

2. taggedout

taggedout 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2001
    ky, USA.
    Noem Taxidermy at 384-1335, the best Ive ever seen, HIGH DOLLAR!
    AAA Taxidermy 282-7536, very good work at a fair price, can do anything you can dream up!
    Hamrick's 363-8621 mounted buck, trukey and a rattlesnake for me last year, a little pricy but good work. He's from Florida and claims fish as a specialty, had the big gator display at the boat and travel show last year.
    Grummybear

3. Possum

Possum Fawn

Nov 28, 2002
    the 2 best taxidermists in NKY are Mark Daniels & Carl Anderson....They're in the book.

4. carl anderson is the best ive ever seen he's done 4 deer heads for me 1 turkey and 3 fish but im sorry to say he's getting out of the taxidermy business hes not taking any more mounts as of this month

5. JAult

JAult Spike

Dec 11, 2001
    Florence, KY, USA.
    I can't remember the guys name, but he lives in Independence. My friend had a good buck mounted last year with this guy and it is an impressive job he done. The attention to detail was definitely followed. He paid a pretty penny for it, but it was worth it after seeing it. I wish I could remember the name though. maybe the ones mentioned above was it, but not sure if the numbers listed are in Independence.

6. Ky Headhunter

Ky Headhunter 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Peach Grove, Ky, USA.
    JAult, is it Ainsworth you're thinking of?

I'll put a mention in for Gavin's Taxidermy, 472-3358.

7. johnboy

johnboy 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2002
    Ky Headhunter:
    where is Gavin's Taxidermy located?

8. 2 Poppa

2 Poppa 8 pointer

Dec 25, 2005
    State of Mind
    Gavin's is in Campbell County off of the AA Highway...

9. Brewtus

Brewtus 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2006
    Erlanger KY
    That stinks. Carl does an awesome job. My buddy has his elk there right now. He just finished a nice bluegill for me. He mounted the deer in my avatar.

10. Chewy

Chewy Fawn

Sep 14, 2006
    Northern Kentucky
    NKY mounting

I used a guy buy the name of Carl Anderson. Lives out on Route 127 toward Grants Lick.

11. ClayDog

ClayDog 8 pointer

Jun 29, 2005
    MAysville Ky
    Well what Co do u live in. In Fleming co just a few miles south is a little town called Neptune and there is a man there By the name of Eddie Wallingford that does a Fine job and pretty reasonable price.. I wont go no where else:)

12. Muskie_man

Muskie_man 6 pointer

Dec 15, 2004
    South Portsmouth Ky
    Carl Anderson does great work. here is my muskie replica he did for me a couple years back.

Attached Files:

13. kybowhunter64

kybowhunter64 Banned

Oct 17, 2006
    NKY
    Kohus Taxidermy

mine is there now 300 dollars for buck (30 extra with plaque) 260 for doe if you need more information pm me... mine is there now and im getting my head back at the end of january and i gave it to him first weekend of gun season. I have seen his work and he does a good job

14. Brewtus

Brewtus 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2006
    Erlanger KY
    I was over at Carl Andersons this evening. Big Nasty paid for his elk mount. Carl is not out of the taxidermy business. FYI. Thanks goodness.

15. sixxfan26

sixxfan26 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2004
    Butler, Kentucky, USA.

Correction -- Gavin's is in Pendleton County.