Good Squirrel Recipes

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by TPHunt2Eat, Aug 18, 2018.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Season meat, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Cook down pull off bone. Brown in skillet . Wrap in a croissant shell with sour cream. Bake until croissant is done and brown.

2. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Bump to top for squirrel season coming up.

3. patiodadio

patiodadio 8 pointer

Mar 22, 2014
    Tim Farmer has a good crock pot recipe for squirrel.

4. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Ky
    I likem fried but another way I’ve tried and liked is put ur squirrels in a pan and cover them with Italian dressing salt and pepper and cover in tin foil and put in oven. Pretty tender even the foxes.

beauhunter41031 likes this.
  5. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Looking forward this weekend to contributing some meat to our annual squack feast in oct. usually the menu consists of pressure cooked squacks, gravy, fried taters,cornbread, and cooked sweet taters in heavy syrup. Last yr we cooked 40 and wasn’t a bite left. Lol

davers and bondhu like this.
  6. Bone_Chaser

Bone_Chaser 8 pointer

Sep 12, 2014
    Whitley Co
    I like them KFC chicken style. Egg wash, breaded, and pan fried. Then to the pressure cooker on the top rack with just a little water on the bottom to steam for 15-20 minutes until they fall of the bone. Pull them out and place on a rack in a 450 oven to recrisp.

7. I like the sound of that for the big tough ones.

davers likes this.