Good deer tenderloin marinade

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by EastKYHardwoodHunter, Jul 27, 2019.

1. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 10 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Last year I made this marinade up using some dales and Dr Pepper with some other stuff I just added in that I can’t recall and it turned out delicious then months later I tried to duplicate it and it tasted horrible. I get myself in trouble sometimes Mixing up these concoctions and never writing anything down. I love the taste of dales and usually marinate things for around 20 minutes.

2. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    :eek::confused::confused::eek:!

carnivore likes this.
  3. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    My wife uses a big word for this..... intoxication cookin

beauhunter41031 likes this.
  4. kenbuckyblu

kenbuckyblu 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2008
    Lebanon Junction
    I also am not a marinator. Back straps for us always go on the charcoal grill, I only season with Texjoy steak seasoning and I dash them with Worcestershire sauce midway through, always med rare, Great. I personally am not a big fan of my deer meat cooked in a skillet, I have tried it many times, but to me i never enjoy it as much as I do from the grill.

5. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    For loins and backstraps, I don't like to marinade them and prefer to just fry or grill them. And I agree that Dales is too salty. But I do like the Allegro--especially the game version, for other cuts of meat. Or worchestershire sauce.

and I don't know how they'd taste with venison, but we use a lot of the Lawrys and Kroger brand marinades that come in a salad dressing bottle on chicken and pork at home.

drakeshooter likes this.