Going to bow hunt tomorrow

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by RLWEBB, Apr 25, 2021.

1. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Going to take the bow and the blind in the morning. I’m going to head to the spot where I had the strutter come in on opening day. He stayed in small locust grove about 2 hours so I’ll set my blind up there and put my decoys about 10 yards in front of me. It’s a good spot and even if he’s not there or been killed, other birds use the area as well. Good luck to anyone else who’s heading out tomorrow.

mudhole crossing and Grago like this.
  2. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    I believe they in the dreaded lull right now, in my area, lack of birds and the lull made this weekend bad luck for hunting, I tried to get something going but no luck, hopefully next weekend may be different

RLWEBB likes this.
  3. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Lots of birds gobbling this morning but no one wanted to play. Called in 2 different lone hens today. I believe these birds are with hens now. On on exciting note, I did have a young Bobcat attack my Jake decoy. It was neat to watch the catch stalk the decoy and then jump on its back. About scared it to death when the decoy spun on its stake.

mudhole crossing and Grago like this.
  4. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Sounds like an exciting hunt. Hunting them turkey birds with a bow is a completely different ball game. Killed a few that way.. but since the decline i havent even attempted it. Try to put the odds in my favor as much as possible.

RLWEBB likes this.
  5. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I love bow hunting them in the spring. I’ve killed 7 or 8 in the spring with my bow and all out of the blind. I’m not even brave enough to try it without a blind. It definitely does change things but it’s a blast. You can do it, but it’s kind of hard to move on them when you’re in a blind and have decoys out and I always use decoys.