Going to be some expensive Bluegill

Duster

12 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
Up in the woods above Lake Malone
Had to run to the local store to get some mower gas today. On the other side of the pump a guy pulled in with what look to be a new Ford F-250 with a Triton bass boat in tow. One of those large ones with a tandem trailer, a 300 hp Merc on the back, two of the power pole anchor's also. Not much room to park anything that long is why he was parked by the gas pumps. Watch him go inside and come out with 3 containers of red worms in hand. I told him good luck and he said he hope the rain held off until they caught a mess of Bluegill.

Duster

12 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
Up in the woods above Lake Malone
Watched them launch for a local tournament last Saturday. 70K boats pulled by 50K trucks driven by 20 to 30 year olds. Have to wonder how they could have that much credit.
Ain't that the truth.....Be in hock for many years. Before long they will finance those trucks and boats for 30 years like a home loan. Being a old cuss I recall 3 years max on a vehicle.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Ain't that the truth.....Be in hock for many years. Before long they will finance those trucks and boats for 30 years like a home loan. Being a old cuss I recall 3 years max on a vehicle.

They actually try to push 6 - 7 years on you nowadays to get you to buy a more expensive vehicle. 3-5 years is already a thing of the past.

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
I see and wonder that all the time here. Guys I know making 35k, house payment, 3-4 kids, and a new Ranger worth 75k! Crazy. But hey if it works for them and they are happy, I am happy for em. And when they invite me to fish with them, nicest boat I've ever been on! :) Told the one guy one day we were sitting at the ramp, he was bout to launch and I was taking off, I'll meet ya at the rock! I took off, running my 40hp and was 3/4 of the way to the Rock when he passed me and by the time I got there he already had 2 in the livewell! :) Damn they are fast! :)

Latest posts