Going rate for deer and turkey leases per acre?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by TBo, May 7, 2020.

1. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    If a landowner wants to lease out their land then that is his/her right. They own it and no one should say what a person can or can not do with property they own.

timer, TBo and HuntressOfLight like this.
  2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    A few years of that would make a good down payment on your own piece of dirt.

3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    I bet "pandemic" language is put into future lease agreements, if landowners are smart.

4. Timholt70

Timholt70 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2019
    Christian county
    Yeah..8 of us on the lease.still pretty steep.but been thinking the same thing.

5. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Looking at these lease threads reminds of how much I’m truly blessed. I can’t imagine having to lease property to hunt. I’m in no way putting down leasing, land owners, or those who lease. I’m just saying that I’m thankful that I’ve never had to do that. Carry on.

TBo, DH13, Meatstick and 1 other person like this.
  6. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    When one considers the property taxes on the land, liability insurance, maintenance and the land owners investment, I think $20 per acre is cheap.

TBo likes this.
  7. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I know that there aren't any deer around where you are, but if there were, how would you go about getting to hunt a piece of land?

TBo likes this.
  8. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 Fawn

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    you not liable for someone hunting on your land that again is where the kentucky department of fish and wildlife backwards in ohio you can sign like permission slips there a white a yellow a pink and everyone sign it and it states no one is responible and person has permission etc kentucky needs those ohio has them well blame your game wardens for not checking the land. so eventually you will make it so only the rich will hunt. also if you dont lease you can control poachers and tresspassers

9. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Dude. PLEASE just move to Ohio. You're an absolutely perfect fit for Ohio. Peas and carrots type shit. Forrest and Jenny type shit. Starsky and Hutch type shit. Move to Ohio, boy.

10. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    MOVE TO OHIO. Be best move you ever made.

Winchester94 and TBo like this.
  11. TBo

TBo Fawn

Jan 16, 2018
    West Ky
    Guess FREE public hunting not an option there either. Nothing wrong with public hunting. You don’t have to be “rich” to hunt it. Some of it is damn good. I choose it sometimes. Problem is some guys don’t just want a place to hunt, they’re sore and jealous they don’t have the best. Also you’ve obviously never had to deal with trespassers day after day where you’re hunting and you have no legal right to run em off and they know it. When and where I lease, there won’t be a warning, just a call to the warden. Problem solved, hunt Ohio.

12. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 Fawn

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    You can run them off if you don't lease it ‍♂️

13. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    Anybody can print permission slips or sign non liability forms. KY actually passed a law that makes landowners not liable for hunters, trappers etc. But carry on with your crying.

645 Liability of landowner consenting to hunting, fishing, trapping, camping, or hiking on premises -- Claims for property damage by state employees participating in wildlife management practices. (1) An owner, lessee or occupant of premises who gives permission to another person to hunt, fish, trap, camp or hike upon the premises shall owe no duty to keep the premises safe for entry or use by the person or to give warning of any hazardous conditions on the premises, and the owner, lessee, or occupant, by giving his permission, does not thereby extend any assurance that the premises are safe for such purpose, or constitute the person to whom permission is granted an invitee to whom a duty of care is owed. The owner, lessee, or occupant giving permission for any of the purposes stated above shall not be liable for any injury to any person or property caused by the negligent acts of any person to whom permission is granted. This section shall not limit the liability which would otherwise exist for willful and malicious failure to guard or to warn against a dangerous condition, use, structure, or activity; or for injury suffered in any case where permission to hunt, fish, trap, camp, or hike was granted for a consideration other than the consideration, if any, as set forth in KRS 411.190(1)(d), paid to said owner, lessee, or occupant by the state. The word "premises" as used in this section includes lands, private ways, and any buildings and structures thereon. Nothing in this section limits in any way any liability which otherwise exists. (2) Department employees who participate in bona fide wildlife management practices are agents of the department and state and, in the event property damage does occur, a claim for property damages may only be brought in the Kentucky Claims Commission pursuant to KRS 49.040 to 49.180. Effective:June 29, 2017 History: Amended 2017 Ky. Acts ch. 74, sec. 89, effective June 29, 2017. -Amended 2004 Ky. Acts ch. 85, sec. 1, effective July 13, 2004. -- Amended 1998 Ky. Acts ch. 275, sec. 4, effective July 15, 1998. -- Created 1968 Ky. Acts ch. 38, sec. 29.

14. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    You buy it, lease it to your boys, let em pay for your land.

Timholt70 likes this.
  15. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    I’m glad our leases aren’t that expensive , we don’t have the quality of deer some of those leases hold , but I don’t lease for that reason I lease so me and my family can hunt in piece set our stands and no worries I pay 2500 a year for 780 acres split 5 ways among family it’s posted and behind locked gates never have a problem ( knock on wood) but everyone in the area knows us and they lease around us