go pro cameras

skin_dog1

BBBC Members
Jan 2, 2004
Bowling Green, KY, USA.
I used to have one but sold it with all my video gear. Awesome camera as a 2nd angle and gets great up close stuff but would suck as a primary camera. Here's a hunt I used it on several years back. Angles like ths is where they shine. The detail would be very minimal if you were filming a deer at 30 yards, but a wide angle view its great or a tight shot it's great. In this video the go pro is mounted on my bow looking back at me. The deer footage is on a canon xha1. This is obviously a very quick rough edit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwhBWuB9ujA

mhouck06

Fawn
Jul 5, 2013
X2 for great 2nd angle cam. Not good for primary footage. Shot a buck in Maryland last year, not ideal light but not bad... Can't make out the buck until he's under 20 yards.

That was in the woods. I did use it in Montana in an open flat land setting for a muley hunt. Those videos are great for the scenery. The long distance of rifle hunting was no good for it though.

All in all it's a great, easy to use camera if used in the right ways. I learned that the hard way and ended up getting a cannon vixia for my primary footage.

Check out the Olympus tough cams. They are small and durable and at least have some zoom capabilities.

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
I used to have one but sold it with all my video gear. Awesome camera as a 2nd angle and gets great up close stuff but would suck as a primary camera. Here's a hunt I used it on several years back. Angles like ths is where they shine. The detail would be very minimal if you were filming a deer at 30 yards, but a wide angle view its great or a tight shot it's great. In this video the go pro is mounted on my bow looking back at me. The deer footage is on a canon xha1. This is obviously a very quick rough edit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwhBWuB9ujA

So you gave up videoing all together?

KHAdmin

8 pointer
Aug 17, 2012
skin, that was some great footage. 120+ asked the same and I'm curious, have you quit recording?

jasonba1

Spike
Apr 17, 2012
I love my gopro's I have 3 that we use with capture your hunt mounts...also if you decide to use it for primary instead of secondary shots turn your field of view from wide angle to narrow angle and that will help. we mainly use them for secondary angles except when we use the dog mounts which makes some awesome footage

DEERMD

8 pointer
Nov 21, 2003
campbellsville, ky
I love my gopro's I have 3 that we use with capture your hunt mounts...also if you decide to use it for primary instead of secondary shots turn your field of view from wide angle to narrow angle and that will help. we mainly use them for secondary angles except when we use the dog mounts which makes some awesome footage

Do you happen to have a video with wide angle off? To kinda give some perspective?

jasonba1

Spike
Apr 17, 2012
Im sure I do I will look and see and send them to you but for now here is a video that I found on youtube and capture your hunts site that is tips and tricks its kind of a cheesy video but it defiantly shows the difference between wide narrow and medium views. As soon as I found some of my hunting footage I will send it to you. Also a neat new camera is the jvc addixion it has 5x zoom and the new version will be released later this month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnB9ujKJW_M

Latest posts