Glock or Ruger

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by dpowers, Dec 19, 2012.

1. dpowers

dpowers 6 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I am planning on buy a 9 mm Glock or a Ruger Super Blackhawk hunter in .44 mag. I have been researching both for sometime and my wife was going to buy one for me for Christmas but didn't know which to get.

The Blackhawk would be for hunting and target. I already have a .44 rifle so that would be 2 guns same ammo.

The Glock would be for CC (I already have 2 cc's) and GSSF matches. Went to one the fall and it looked like a lot of fun. With the unknown of a ban coming with mag restrictions time would be limited on the Glock (not that 10 rounds is not enough). Also if you join the GSSF (which you have to do to shoot) for a 2 year membership you get a coupon for reduced price gun, $60 membership for around $125 off gun.

Thanks
    Dave

2. brfire

brfire Spike

May 17, 2011
    Not Deer Central
    I carry a Glock at both of my jobs, very reliable gun for the price. I dont know much about the Ruger, but you cant go wrong with a Glock IMHO.

3. Quickdraw Limpsalot

Quickdraw Limpsalot 12 pointer

Sep 16, 2005
    Larue Co.
    Well.... you already have CC guns. Do you already have a hunting revolver?

4. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

I vote for the Ruger. Handgun Hunting is awesome!

5. HUNTINGMAN

HUNTINGMAN 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2008
    Harrodsburg KY
    I'd go for the ruger also, exspecialy if you already have glocks.

6. dpowers

dpowers 6 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I do not have a glock or a hunting handgun. I have a cc handgun. The glock would be a option to carry instead of one of my other's, it's main purpose would be so I can shot in the glock competitions. The ruger would be for hunting and range time, also as a companion piece to go with my 44 rifle.

Thanks for the replies

7. Poorboy

Poorboy 8 pointer

Feb 23, 2005
    under the bank
    I would get both, isn't that what you are wanting to hear.:D I would get the glock first and then pick up a blackhawk or a 629 when the opportunity presented it self. The glock I would pick would be dependant upon the major reason for it. I doubt the upcoming legislation will focus on single actions as much as semiauto's. But the market maybe cheaper on the 44's and I wouldn't pass up a good deal since you have the ccw taken care of.

8. SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear 8 pointer

I can't stand Ruger handguns. If I were getting a revolver it would be a S&W. But to each their own. Whichever makes you happy happy happy:)

9. danf26

danf26 8 pointer

Nov 5, 2009
    southeastky
    get the ruger. if you are leaning towaqrds a glock just buy a high-point, same thing and cheaper

10. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY

You wouldn't happen to be related to New Guy, would you?:D

11. mwezell

mwezell 12 pointer

Jan 22, 2006
    Auburn, KY
    Oh my! After that comment, I'm quite sure you haven't got firsthand experience with both, but I'm guessing you own a HiPoint.

12. SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear 8 pointer

Yep, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read on here and that's saying a lot. He obviously has no experience with handguns.

13. danf26

danf26 8 pointer

Nov 5, 2009
    southeastky
    you are right i do not have first hand experience with both. but i have had experience with a glock. i bought a new one, then to say the least i sold it.

14. danf26

danf26 8 pointer

Nov 5, 2009
    southeastky
    you are quite wrong i do have a little experience with handguns. i own around 37 handguns. of the 37 none are glocks or highpoint. i have owned a glock, bought it new then sold it. i have been shooting handguns for over 20 years. i also do some gunsmith work. i have enough experience to know that a glock is not what people betray.

15. danf26

danf26 8 pointer

Nov 5, 2009
    southeastky
    i am as far from new guy than you will ever meet.