Giant 8 pointers

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kyepic16, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Mxcmxc

Mxcmxc 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2016
    I would say fully mature 5.5 or older. And 145 gross. Maybe a hare more. That's my educated guess.

bondhu likes this.
  2. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    IMG_0947.JPG Here's a little better pictur

bondhu likes this.
  3. Mxcmxc

Mxcmxc 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2016
    That deer is a stud! Doesn't appear to be as old as bondhu 8 point he just posted in my opinion. Again just my opinion. Great Picts guys! I have a big 8 point on cam as well just need to figure out how to post from my iPhone. Lol.

bondhu likes this.
  4. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    Email your picture to yourself and when u send it it will ask you what size use medium. Then save it to your pictures then at the bottom we're it says upload file.

bondhu and Mxcmxc like this.
  5. Mxcmxc

Mxcmxc 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2016
  6. Mxcmxc

Mxcmxc 6 pointer

Dec 3, 2016
    Need a better picture but that's all he gave me. Not as big as the ones on this thread but not bad!

7. Rhyno Footer

Rhyno Footer Spike

Feb 26, 2013
    'Merica
    i almost pooped in my pants when i saw the 1st picture. good luck

8. EarlyBird1

EarlyBird1 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2014
    SouthCentral KY
    Again probably 140-145" and I'd guess he's a 5-7 yr old deer. He's definitely mature I think so you are beyond that question anyway. He's a phenomenal deer. I hope you get him.

bondhu likes this.
  9. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    What he said^^^^^^^. Good luck. To all you guys.

10. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    This thread is a constant reminder to me of just how bad my year is going trying to get pics of a good buck. Yal got some serious deer lurking here. Good luck!!! im in panic mode moving cams even hittin up farms iv never hunted just trying to find a good one. I hope to see some of yal behind these studs in a few weeks

11. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Hey thanks guys for your input. I will pull cards from this place for the 1st time this weekend. I will keep you up dated. Mainbeam dont feel to bad I pulled card from our other place. And usually have something that we cant wait to see finish out. This year plenty of deer pics but the only thing worth shooting is a skinny coyote.

12. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    For the 1st time in a while i haven't had a pic of a single deer I want to shoot so far

13. EarlyBird1

EarlyBird1 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2014
    SouthCentral KY
    Guys I will tell you that this has been the worst year for getting pictures in a long time even though I know the deer are there. For me they just have not hit saltlicks this year anything like they have in the past and I do not understand it and I'm just not going to start putting corn out in the Summer time to get pictures if I can help it.

I'll give you an example. Last week after work I went down to run a couple of cameras on a deer infested farm we hunt in Trigg County. I walked up to one of my cell cameras that was watching the edge of a standing corn field that had only been producing a few pics per day of does and fawns and the occasional smeg buck. I pulled that camera down and then looked through the fencerow into the next bean field. There were 21 bucks in that field (that I could see). There weren't any giants out there but at least a dozen of the bucks were 100"-145" and most of the rest were at least basket rack. I watched those deer for a few minutes till one that I hadn't seen saw me move and started a deer avalanche to the opposite field edge. I snapped a photo best I could of that wad of bucks and then walked 120 yards along that fence to an established saltlick that is only 20 yards off that same fencerow. In 3 weeks I only had a few pictures of maybe 4 or 5 of those 21 bucks. That is insane to me... but just goes to show how right under their noses you have to put your cameras this year. That bean field those bucks were in isn't any more than 30 acres so we are not talking about some huge expanse and several of the bucks in the field had come out of that stinking corner where the saltlick is! I guess they could be dodging my cameras but if that's it I have never had them do it like this. Even on places where we have been able to get pictures of shooters it has been maybe one volley of pics on one visit where in the past I'd have 500 pics of a particular deer by now and nearly daily visits by many bucks.

So don't despair because they are probably there and you are just missing them so far. Maybe our entire deer herd is getting camera shy.

bondhu likes this.
  14. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Wow 21 bucks not counting doe's on 30 acres. I hope that's a food plot? LOL

15. EarlyBird1

EarlyBird1 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2014
    SouthCentral KY
    Yea I guess its a foodplot whether the farmer likes it or not. There actually was not a single doe that I could see in the entire field but I'm sure there were 50 of them somewhere in the next field. The standing corn on the farm is absolutely destroyed in places. There are entire swaths of 1/4 acre here and 1/2 acre there that are eaten down to a knee high nub. I've never seen anything like it. It is really a concern to be honest. I believe you could kill 50 and not make a dent. Last year we only killed about 10 but the previous 2 years we killed 19 and 21 and it made no impression. I wouldn't care to try and kill 10 or 15 just by myself but I don't know what I'd do with all of that meat and I don't want to waste them. I guess at some point they will move on to where there is more cover and browse and disperse a little bit but man I just don't know. The farmers just keep clearing away all the cover and the deer just won't budge.