Getting Things Ready

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
I made about a Dozen Coyote snares today, Reusing the CamLocks and the End Loops from years before.
I have been seeing trails through grass already and the chill in the Night Air will get them rolling.

Now I probably will spray a bit of flat black or flat green camo pain on them and let them dry well.
I have about 10 left over from last year and it would be NICE to use every one of these. I don't like using a bent washer for a Lock, and consider it well worth the money to buy CamLocks. They ain't backing up.

rockhousehunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2013
Salyersville, Ky
I made about a Dozen Coyote snares today, Reusing the CamLocks and the End Loops from years before.
I have been seeing trails through grass already and the chill in the Night Air will get them rolling.

Now I probably will spray a bit of flat black or flat green camo pain on them and let them dry well.
I have about 10 left over from last year and it would be NICE to use every one of these. I don't like using a bent washer for a Lock, and consider it well worth the money to buy CamLocks. They ain't backing up.
I've started to dabble in trapping a little bit with the Duke footholds and the Bridger double spring traps and stuff. I'd love to know how you make one of these snares and how you set them. Would you happen to have a video on how a feller does that? Thanks

rockhousehunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2013
Salyersville, Ky
Buy you a dozen and make you some just like them. Buy the ones with "Camlocks" and if you catch a Coyote, it will probably ruin the cable.
It can be bought at most hardware stores; cut the loop ends and the Camlocks off and reuse them. I use cheap nuts hammered down to lock them on.
Photos explain it pretty well.
Good Luck
What do you attach them too? How big of a loop do u make and that sort of thing?

Latest posts