Getting old is hard...

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
I can attest this man embraces life, as a child of the lord ! Lotsa fun to be around, lives his heaven here on Earth, and will be rewarded with even better when his time here is over, a purty good egg. Just be warned, if you cook a campfire meal, he will find it ! Hey Carp, aint there sumthin’ in the good book about gluttony???? Jes sayin’ …….
Yep, believe there is Grinder, probably a lot more for me to give an account for than that! You and Kevin Bear would caused anyone temptation with your cooking skills! Lol

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
Getting old always sucks. My dear ol Grandpa keeled over this morning, at 92yo. We ain't bitching, he outlived every previous man in our family by 11 years. Damn cancer ended up getting that tough old codger. He went from a 240 pound mountain of a man, to less than 100 pounds in 9 months. Eff cancer. It's no way to go. After seeing it too many times, I can guarantee I'll never die of cancer....
Sorry for the loss.

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
Sorry for the loss of all who have gone through this terrible experiences! Saturday we buried my niece, another victim to cancer. She was only 30 years old, left three young children! Yes; it’s terrible, and devastating to a family!

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
Sorry for the loss of all who have gone through this terrible experiences! Saturday we buried my niece, another victim to cancer. She was only 30 years old, left three young children! Yes; it’s terrible, and devastating to a family!
Prayers for you and your family, Carpdaddy.

tbrothers

6 pointer
Aug 29, 2011
Cecilia
I lost my dad to ALS in 2002. Hideous disease. Sorry to hear that. My dad lasted about two years from his diagnosis.
My mother in law was diagnosed last Christmas. Her symptoms started in her voice box. She loved to sing in church and she was real good at it. My wife still has the last voice mail that her mom left her on her phone. Right now she can barely move anything on her body. We all know the end is coming but we are all at peace because we know she is with the Lord and he has a home promised to her in heaven!!!

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
Getting old always sucks. My dear ol Grandpa keeled over this morning, at 92yo. We ain't bitching, he outlived every previous man in our family by 11 years. Damn cancer ended up getting that tough old codger. He went from a 240 pound mountain of a man, to less than 100 pounds in 9 months. Eff cancer. It's no way to go. After seeing it too many times, I can guarantee I'll never die of cancer....
sorry to hear about your grandfather

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
That is horrible. so sorry for your loss

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Lifelong friend died yesterday. Heart attack at 60. Just saw him a month ago. Doing great. New grand baby. Sucks ass.

Latest posts