Getting frustrated

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by BKM1991, Nov 8, 2017.

1. BKM1991

BKM1991 Fawn

Jul 21, 2010
    okay so I've been in the stand around 20 times so far since September. Had a deer or multiple deer in bow range every single sit. Have a few good bucks I'm chasing so I've been holding out. Hunting a natural funnel with hills and woods on both sides around 100 yards apart and behind me and they lead down to a 1.5 acre food plot. So, had to warranty the trail cam (stealth cam not taking night pics during full moon, switched brands) and haven't got pics since November 1st. Was averaging around 1700 about every 4 days. Normally 50 lbs or corn ate in a couple. Now that pre rut has hit I have 1 larger buck staying in the area since oct 29-nov1 when cam went out. New cam went up today and corn hasn't been touched. Sat 3 days already this week and haven't seen a single deer much less one in bow range. What the frick is going on lol. Anyone have any clue? Never been like this before

2. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    Man I feel the same way you do everything could go wrong has went wrong this fall for me but just going to keep going as hard as I can go and hope to get lucky good luck to you.

3. BKM1991

BKM1991 Fawn

Jul 21, 2010
    Gets frustrating. Normal season like any other season to start off. Bunch of 1.5 usually 2-3 2.5 year olds. Pre rut large bucks come in, get killed, and it's happily ever after. lol it's been a struggle this season out of the stand. Been really windy tho I guess that could have something to do with it. I guess tomorrow when it's calm we will see what changes

4. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    The best is yet to come.

DePre and bdbrown66 like this.
  5. preachnhunt

preachnhunt 6 pointer

Jan 8, 2009
    Garrard
    Never forget. You only have to be right once.

nateb440 and bdbrown66 like this.
  6. BKM1991

BKM1991 Fawn

Jul 21, 2010
    Lets hope, lol. Largest buck ive ever had pics of is showing up pretty regularly along with a nice 8, either one slips up and hopefully theyve had it

7. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

I'm not fruattated...mildly depressed ;)....been a weird season all the way around. I am not looking forward to this weekend when I'll likely be hunting deer that are already in someone's frezer.

8. BKM1991

BKM1991 Fawn

Jul 21, 2010
    That's what is weird about the place I'm hunting. One side which is the right side and back side is a 700 acre cattle farm that doesn't allow hunting. Old man owns it. The other side 1 guy hunts and it's nothing but crp fields and he shoot nothing unless it's 160+ which he kills ever year. I have the only woods around the the most deer in the area and they've just disappeared when I've been sitting in the stand

9. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    Im having a off year too. Very few quality deer on cams. But anytime you can go to the woods and hunt its a good day. We are blessed to be able to hunt. I should thank the good lord more for allowing me to hunt. Killing is just a bonus.
    Good luck this coming week everyone.

sdorton and Capttrae like this.
  10. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    It’s gotta be these millennial deer. They just stay in bed all day. Lol

katlynn likes this.
  11. DePre

DePre 6 pointer

Sep 8, 2016
    I agree. A lot of season left and the conditions are just getting right.

12. docbuck

docbuck 10 pointer

Nov 28, 2014
    western ky
    Lost a big one on opening day. Good blood , tracking dog found it , then lost it , then found 2 more times before losing for good. Been hunting for 10 straight days. Had some good hunts , but have made terrible shots, and have had a lot of recent hunts with spikes and turkeys only. Agree this has been a weird year. Tomorrow I hope it changes. I hung my climber on my tallest ridge close to a small watering hole I created years ago. They have to go here to drink or leave the woods. I never ever hunt up there. Sort of sacred place I have saved for a year like this.

13. FowlmooD

FowlmooD 6 pointer

Aug 12, 2013
    That time of year when things happen. Be patient and good things will happen.

14. coach&hunt

coach&hunt 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2013
    Kentucky
    My advice, count your blessing, look at it a chance to be in the woods and still hunting, A lot of guys would kill for days like this or that. Food for thought, have you hunted the area out? Scent, deer seeing you come in? That is a lot of sits in one area. I did that about four years ago to a really good spot now I pick my time better, and killed two nices one in that area since the chance in frequency.

15. jfiscus

jfiscus 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2013
    Kenton County
    At my property I can usually get a good week of hunting in early in the season and take 2-3 deer then, but after that they stop coming through and I have to stay out of the woods for a while and then hunt different times. They get wise to you being out there.