Getting Crossbow sighted in.

Discussion in 'Crossbow Forum' started by redlickranch, Mar 22, 2021.

1. redlickranch

redlickranch 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    Went out to sight in a new to me crossbow. I had a few issues getting the scope just right and will go back out tonight to tune it more. I had several fletching on the ground at the target and they were not hit by another arrow. The bolts were carbon and the fletching the came off was the one going in the channel. Could just be a crappy glue job, but it was just odd IMO.

smallcrossbow.PNG DSC09295.JPG DSC09296.JPG

xbokilla likes this.
  2. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Since it’s only the cock vane it seems it’s making contact. Looks to be a helical on the vanes. May be hitting some? What size vanes are they. May need shorter ones like Blazer. Glue may be part of the issue as well but seems other vanes would fall off too. Can you rotate the nocks? Also, is that a wrap or heat shrink one piece vanes? If they are individual vanes it is possible I suppose that the white ones were not prepared right and had gluing issues. Some colors seems to not stick as well.

3. redlickranch

redlickranch 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    Looks like the glue is bad since others started falling off. Archery shop is going to put new ones on for me and I bought some new Carbon Hunting bolts that shoot really well.