Get those employment numbers up

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Duster, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I don't see it that way. When a company has to rely on 14 year old's to keep the door's open that's bad.

cedar creek likes this.
  2. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    This Calvin Coolidge quote is timeless, and always will be.
    "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

3. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    I was to. Started at 12 and quit it when I was 25. Started factory work.

4. mac0492

mac0492 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    I started working on the farm way earlier than that. I bought my first car from my own money when I was 14. Not a thing wrong with teaching kids to work and provide from any age. Too much babying kids letting them do what they want when they want with no responsibility. I tell my kids weekly, “Do what you have to do first, so you can do what you want to do later.” They are 6,8 & 10 and they ALL get it. Definitely NOT too early to learn the benefits of hard work and making your own money.

childersb24 likes this.
  5. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    That is because the lazy Democrat bastards that are old enough to work, won't work. They would rather sit on their worthless asses and live off of welfare and food stamps while we the republicans have to support these burdens of society. One party cannot keep this country afloat. Anyone that supports the Democrats of today has to be a total dumb ass or a traitor.

EC, glenmorebuckman and mallardkiller like this.
  6. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Low sulfur Coal is just as good as NG , Coal is used for a lot more than NG is used for Coal is doing good here For Now , as long as we keep Dems out of the White House and their false claims out Coal will stay good ...... As far as a 14 yr old working it is fine but at 14 they should be working but enjoying their child hood also Chores around the house , helping the local farmer etc , the problem is you can’t get good help from Teens at all this day and age the parents of today are the problem and society no discipline , freebies, long leashes , hours among hours of video games and Television, freedom to roam all over , no guidance , very very little supervision No love , no respect , And in this world regardless of times LAZY doesn’t get you no where it keeps you sliding backwards or staying IDLE a lot of folks fail and fall but that is just proof your trying if you don’t fail your not trying that doesn’t exist anymore

7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Burger flippers are more competent than union “skilled” labor.

8. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    mallardkiller likes this.
  9. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

Once again Duster PROVES he doesn't understand anything.

I NEVER said I want American to be like China, DUSTER said that not me.

Duster does not understand how pollution in China can affect American and the rest of the world. He only want American to pay for it and does not want to bother China and India. He does NOT understand the word GLOBE in globe warming.

As for the people hiring 14 year olds. The unemployment rate is 3.7%. Everybody that WANTS to work has a job. The ones that stay home waiting on a check and do NOT WANT to work are the ones not working. When companies want to pull away the good workers from other places they offer higher wages, which has been growing at the highest rate in the last 20 years. All those other workers that USED to work at Hardee's now have BETTER PAYING JOBS so Hardee's is now forced to look for anybody that will work, soon Hardee's WILL be forced to pay more to get and keep anybody.

Remember in a union mindset the COMPANY is ALWAYS the enemy, ALWAYS. So he comes up with the companies looking for cheaper workers, which it is not. They are looking for ANYBODY that wants to work.

EC and Regulator623 like this.
  10. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    I smarting to feel bad for him maybe he was dropped on his head when he was a baby.

Bubbles likes this.
  11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Do they have a spelling class in your school ? Maybe you should sign up. :rolleyes:

12. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I want American to be a leader not a follower, how about you ? You lead by example. You seem to be happy with the way things are headed why is beyond me.
    Yep when they start paying a living wage places like Hardee's will not have to look to hire 14 year old's. I can figure all the part time low income wages workers into those employment figures and make it look good also. You better believe they will add those numbers of the 14 year old's in and bring those numbers even lower.

13. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    Sorry i never went to school much to busy working to feed 400 million Democrats cause there to lazy to work...

14. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Very ironic

Bubbles likes this.
  15. Bubbles

Bubbles 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    If you will sign up for a math class first.