Georgia boy took the big buck i was after in Pennyrile !!!!

Aug 25, 2013
As I was walking in around 12 to the stand out came 2 hunters with a deer thought I would check it out if it was the one I was after. well it was and was bigger then I even thought. i think i have seem more Georgia hunters in Kentucky then i have seen Kentucky hunters. its ok i should of been after him harder but wasn't so its all fair.... i did give him the trail cam pics i had of the big deer i know i would want them for a deer i got

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
Thats tough. I think the big buck I saw yesterday was killed this afternoon. Hard to keep motivated when you think the big ones you are after are gone.

Giveem3outdoors

12 pointer
Jan 18, 2009
ohio county ky
As I was walking in around 12 to the stand out came 2 hunters with a deer thought I would check it out if it was the one I was after. well it was and was bigger then I even thought. i think i have seem more Georgia hunters in Kentucky then i have seen Kentucky hunters. its ok i should of been after him harder but wasn't so its all fair.... i did give him the trail cam pics i had of the big deer i know i would want them for a deer i got
I know the feeling the buck ive been after for 2 years was killed yesterday morning about 2 miles from my farm. I just never could get him in bow range. And didn't want to kill him with the rifle. There will be more good ones goodluck!

buzzbaiter83

10 pointer
Sep 9, 2005
In the woods or on the water

Nice of you to give them the pics. Hope you get on another buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowmaddnes

8 pointer
Sep 15, 2011
Western Ky
I know it's a hard pill to swallow but my hats off to you for showing respect to the out of stater. You did good, good luck to ya the rest of the way.

silentarcher

8 pointer
Feb 27, 2013
west ky
That's a very fine thing you did!! Wish there were more people around like this. That would deffinitely be bittersweet but if in the same situation i do the same. That will mean so much to that georgia boy and and maybe he'll return the favor. Love hearing this.

Aug 25, 2013
It's just hitting me now it's like I have lost someone lol now just gives me more work to do now and scout out a new spot put out cams move stands need to do this all before duck season

Aug 25, 2013
deer1 019.JPG deer1 020.JPG deer1 021.JPG deer1 022.JPG deer1 024.JPG deer1 025.JPG

Aug 25, 2013
i should of took some pics after when he got him I wasn't thinking I was just kinda hart broken lol looked to be a 15 pointer